Chapter 13

Bella's POV

I was in the studio with uncle Jamal working on a song.

"Okay that sounds great Bella." "We're gonna take it from the bridge." Replied Jamal

"Loving you is such a crime," "but if you put in work, I'll do the time," bad boy that I put in line, give me your energy, while I'll give you mine."

"Yes!" Replied Jamal. "Your vocals are fire!" "Ay play that back." "Jamal told the engineer."

I bobbed my head as we listened to the upbeat tempo."

"So do you think I really have what it takes?" I questioned.

"Yes of course, and I'm not just saying that because you're my niece." "I see something special in you Bella." Replied Jamal.

"Thanks." "Music is the only thing I have to keep my mind off the drama." I replied."

"I've been meaning to ask." "How are you holding up?" Jamal asked.

"I'm ok I guess."

"You still mad at your brother?" Jamal asked.

"Yes I hate him." "And he's no longer my brother."

"Wow hate is such a strong word." "But let tell you about the time your daddy dissed me and your uncle Andre." "It's funny actually." "We were in my living room doing a live stream for Hakeem's channel Xstreme." "Your Dad and I was collaborating on a song."

"Hakeem thought the song needed a tougher edge but I disagree." "Any who your Dad was feeling this chick Nessa at the time." "But Andre was feeling her too and she was feeling Andre."

"So of course your Dad got angry and started throwing jabs at me and Andre while the entire world was watching it live." "I wanted to punch Hakeem in his throat but Cookie tries to calm me down." "She wanted the producers to stop recording live but Lucious of course wanted the camera to keep rolling because millions of people were tuned in." "He actually instigated the entire thing."

"Hakeem and I continue throwing jabs at each other." "It was a mess." "But the point that I'm trying to make." Jamal continue. "If I can forgive my brother, you can too Bella."

"I don't know uncle Jamal." "What he said about my Mom is embarassing and hurtful." "Idk if I can bounce back from that."

"Yes it's gonna take time" Jamal replied. "But you can do it."

Hakeem's POV

I've been avoiding Prince but I think it's time I have a talk with him.

"Look son we should talk." "You remind me alot of myself when I was your age." "Young, dumb, and spoil." "So I had time to think." "And I get where you're coming from."

"Dad I'm really am sorry." "I never meant to hurt Mom, Bella, or you." Said Prince. "I was just upset."

"Look it's probably gonna take some time for your sister to forgive you but she loves you." "Your mama and I do too."

"Dad?"

"Yea son?" I replied. "Do you love Mom?"

"Yes of course I love your Mama."

"Then go make up with her." Replied Prince.

"Listen son, you're not a baby anymore so I'm gonna be honest with you." "It's not that easy, and although I do love your Mom sometimes things don't always work out."

Prince had a look of disappointment."

"Look we have work to do if you really wanna hit it out the bag with this music thing." "Let's go to the studio." I replied.

"Ok." Replied Prince.

"You go ahead, I need to grab something upstairs."

As Prince left the room. I took out my phone and scroll thru some pictures of me and Tiana. Tears formed in my eyes. I don't know if I'll get her back this time. I miss my baby. Ugh fuck why do I do the things I do.