Chapter 32

Prince's POV

I felt sick to my stomach. I wanted to throw up. I ran. I had tears in my eyes. This can't be real. No this can't be happening. I continue running. I ran to my Grandparent's house.

"Grandpa, grandpa!" I screamed  running through the front door with tears in my eyes. Luckily the door wasn't locked.

"He's in his study" Wanita said

"Grandpa" I yelled again.

"Can I get something for you?" Asked Wanita.

"No I just need my Grandpa." I said with my voice shaking.

"What is going on?" Lucious replied entering the room.

"They killed him, they shot him Grandpa." "He's dead." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Wanita could you excuse us?" Said Lucious.

"Yes, sure Mr. Lyon" replied Wanita.

Lucious turn his attention back to me.

"Tell me what happened son." Said Luscious.

"They killed Caden Grandpa" I said with tears flowing down my face.

"What, who is they? Question Lucious.

"I met this dude." "His name Xavier, we call him X." "I was in the park one day getting jump by a couple of dudes from school. X ended up showing up and he basically save me."

"He introduce me to his gang." "Everything was good." "He took me under his wings." "But there's always a price to pay." "As payback for saving me from the guys that jumped me, he wanted my Dad's chain." "Ya know the chain that Bunkie gave him." "I stole my Dad's chain." "I was on my way to give X the chain when I saw that they killed Caden." "Caden is Bella's friend, he goes to our school." "They thought he was one of the guy's that jumped me."

"Now Caden is dead and it's all my fault Grandpa, I don't know what to do." I cried in my Grandpa's arms

"Its okay son." Lucious said consoling me. "Everything is going to be okay."

"It's all my fault Grandpa." I cried again.

Lucious POV

As I was consoling Prince, I notice Cookie watching us in complete silence.

"Baby" Cookie said in a soft tone turning her attention to Prince.

"Why don't you go lay down in one of the guests room while I talk to Grandpa."

"Yes Grandma" Responded Prince.

As Prince left the room Cookie gave me a look.

"I know baby." I said thinking out loud.

"How are we gonna handle this Lucious?" "Obviously those goons aren't gonna let Prince off that easy." "He witnessed a murder."

"I know a couple cats that owe me some favors for doing a few things for them back in the day." I responded.

"Lord and I thought our family was done with that life." Said Cookie.

"In the meantime I think Prince should stay here so that I'll know that he's safe." I replied.

"Agreed." Cookie responded.

Hakeem's POV

I was hard at work in the studio. I was in my zone that I didn't notice Jamal trying to grab my attention. I came out the booth.

"What's up?" I questioned.

"Mom and Dad been trying to reach you." Said Jamal.

"I've been working, haven't talked to anyone." "What's up, is everything okay?" I questioned.

"Idk, they said they want to have an emergency meeting with us all at the house." Replied Jamal

"Should I be worried?" I questioned.

"Idk man let's see what's going on." Said Jamal

We rushed to my parents house. Everyone my parents, my son, Andre, Thirsty, and Tiana, were gathered in the living room.

"Yo what's going on?" "Where's Bella?" I worried.

"She's at school." "We haven't told her." Tiana said with a worried expression on her face.

"Told her what?" "And why is Thirsty here?"

Everyone remain quiet. Then Lucious finally spoke.

"Prince got caught up with this gang." "And now someone is dead." "Someone that happens to be a friend of Bella." Prince wasn't a part of the shooting, but he walked upon it Replied Lucious.

"So you're telling me my son witness a murder, and he's apart of some gang?" I questioned.

"Our concern is keeping Prince safe, we know they're not gonna let Prince off that easy." Said Lucious.

I couldn't believe my ears.

"How did this happen?" "When did you join a gang?" I questioned my son who looks as if he's been crying.

"Dad I'm sorry I keep messing up." My son broke into tears.

"Bella is gonna hate me forever."

"Don't blame yourself son, his death wasn't your fault." Said Lucious

"We think it's best if Prince stay here until all of this is clear." "We wanna make sure he is safe." Thirsty is gonna find out who those boys are affiliated with. Replied Lucious.

"I feel like a bad parent, I didn't know what was going on with my own son." "This shouldn't have happened." I snapped.

"Boy calm down." Said Cookie

"It's okay Dad I know you're gonna be mad at me." Prince spoke

"Why didn't you come to me?" "Tell me what was going on?" I said in a sincere voice

"Cause you're never home." "And when you are home, all you and Mom do is argue."

Tiana and I look at each other and quickly looked away.

"We're gonna give you three some privacy, you all need to talk." Said Cookie.

"Come on everyone, hurry up." Cookie replied giving orders.

Tiana and I sat down with our son.

"Listen son, I'm sorry you felt like you couldn't come to us." "We're your parents we're gonna be here for you regardless." I spoke.

"Yes baby your Dad and I love you." Said Tiana.

"But Bella.. Prince said teary eyed.

"She's gonna hate me." "She's just forgave me about the stuff with her Mom."

"I didn't know they were gonna kill him." Prince broke down again

Tiana and I consoled our baby boy. We knew we had to be here for our family.