Chapter 40

Prince's POV

I was in my room listening to music almost falling asleep until I heard a knock on the door.

"It's opened" I replied.

My Mom came into the room.

"You're going to bed?" My mom asked.

"Yeah I was about too." I replied.

"Well let me tuck you in." Replied Mom.

"Ma come on, I'm thirteen now, I'm way too old to be tucked in." I groan

"You're never too old to be tucked in by Mama." My mom smiled.

I smiled back.

"I'm just glad you're home and you're safe." "I love you son." Replied Mom. "I love you too Ma."

As Mom was leaving the room. I called out to her

"Mom."

"Yes?" She replied.

"I'm happy that you and Dad are finally getting married."

Bella's POV

I had an uneasy feeling. I was worried about what happened at school with that guy but decided to push it out my mind. I was headed downstairs to get something to drink meeting Mom on the stairways.

"I didn't know you were still up." Said Mom.

"Yeah I couldn't sleep." I replied.

"Why? is there something on your mind?" You want to talk about?" Questioned Mom.

"No I'm fine." I lied.

Truth is I didn't want to worry my parents, they already had a lot to deal with.

"Okay well I'm going to bed." "I love you." Replied Mom. "I love you too Tati."  I replied with a wide grin

Mom smiled. "You haven't called me that in a long time."

I gave Mom a hug and said my good nights.

After getting something to drink from the kitchen. I texted my brother to see if he was still awake. I need to talk to him.

"Are you still up?" I replied.

He replied "Yeah why?"

"I need to talk to you." On my way to your room now." I replied back.

Prince was in his room wearing headphones listening to music.

He took them off as I entered.

"Yeah wassup?" Asked Prince

"Do you know a guy name Joey?" I asked.

"Joey?" "Why are you asking about him?" Questioned Prince.

"He said you two got off on the wrong foot and there were no hard feelings." I replied.

"Stay away from him Bella." Prince snapped.

"Why, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Him and his lame ass posse jumped me and jacked me for my chain." Stated Prince

"Wait are you serious?" "I'm telling Dad." I replied.

"No leave Dad out of it." Prince snapped again.

"And you need to stay away from him Bella."

"It's his fault why I'm in the predicament I'm in now." "If him and his crew never jumped me, I never would have been part of X gang." Prince replied.

Something didn't feel right about this entire situation. Why would X save my brother from getting jumped? Unless he set this entire thing up himself. I was lost in thought not realizing my brother was talking to me.

"Bella are you even listening to me?" Prince questioned.

"Yes I'm listening." I replied.

"Stay away from Joey, and if he approach you again, let me know." Said Prince.

"And what exactly are you gonna do?" I chuckled a little.

Prince went to his drawer revealing what appears to be a glock