Chapter 42 (Wedding Day)

Tiana's POV

I was so nervous. Today is the day I was marrying Hakeem. Lord knows we've been through a lot. I couldn't picture my life without him. He's grown into the man that I always thought he could be and he's been a great father to our kids. We decided to have a small ceremony with just Cookie and Lucious and our kids. We thought it was best that our family kept a low profile with Prince facing trial for murder. I began to feel overwhelmed thinking about my baby boy. He's only 13. Thirsty reassured us that he would do whatever it takes to prove Prince's innocence, but as a mother I couldn't help but worry.

"Hey beautiful." Hakeem replied approaching me.

"Keem, baby what are you doing?" "You know it's bad luck to see the bride before the ceremony." I smirked

"Relax babe, I just wanted to check on you." "I know things haven't been easy, with what's happening with Prince." Hakeem replied.

"Hakeem I'm scared." I admitted.

"He's gonna beat this, he's innocent." "And besides that he's a Lyon and we always come out on top." Hakeem replied giving me a small smile.

I look down still worried.

Hakeem lift my head up. "No need to worry babe." And most importantly I got you, and our family."

"You're right, he's gonna beat this."

I paused, getting lost in Hakeem's eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." Replied Hakeem

Bella's POV

Even though our family is going through a lot right now. I was happy for my parents. We arrived at the ceremony with my Grandparents. I looked over at Prince who was awfully quiet. I didn't want to annoy my brother but his silence had me worried.

"Talk to me bro." I replied looking at Prince.

"There's nothing to talk about Bella." "This is Ma and Pops day, and I don't want to ruin it." Prince snapped.

"I'm sorry." I replied looking away.

"I'm sorry." Prince replied.

"I didn't mean to snap at you." You've been a great sister, and thanks for always having my back." "That means a lot." Said Prince.

"Aww bro." I replied giving Prince a big hug.

"Okay, enough with the mushiness." "Let's hurry before Mom and Dad change their minds." Prince laughed.

"They wouldn't" I replied giving Prince a shocked but fake look.

"Come on, this is Takeem we're talking about." Prince laughed

"Okay point taken." I laughed

Hakeem's POV

Can't believe I'm actually doing this. I'm getting married. I was nervous but excited. I looked over at Tiana admiring her beauty. Since day one, I knew I couldn't let her get away. I smiled as I reminisce about the day we first met.

Flashback

I was in a room at the record label just goofing off with my friends when I saw this fine ass girl with big curly hair barging in.

"Ay who you?" Wassup."I questioned.

We made eye contact for a few seconds.

"Wrong room." She replied running away.

"You ain't got to run." C'mere." I called out

"Ay yo, who that?" I asked nudging my friend Chicken.