Chapter 33

Bella's POV

The one friend I finally made at that school is no longer here. His death didn't make any sense to me. I'm trying to grasp on to what's going on. One day Caden and I are making plans and the next day he's gone?

"Are you okay baby?" "Mom asked.

"Yes I'm fine." I responded.

"Do you wanna talk about what you're going through." Mom questioned again. 

"There's not much to say." I replied.

"Well you just lost a friend." Responded Mom.

"I didn't lose anyone." "And I'm fine." "I'm headed to the studio." "Later."

Tiana's POV

"How are you holding up?"

I was startled by Hakeem's voice.

"I didn't hear you enter." I replied.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." Hakeem replied.

"It's fine." I replied.

"Hakeem I'm really worried about Bella." "It's like she's in denial about everything."

"She's just grieving." Hakeem replied.

"I don't know I'm really worried about her."

"I'll talk to her." Said Hakeem

"And do you think your Dad and Thirsty can keep Prince safe?" I questioned.

"If anyone know these streets better than anyone, it's my Dad.

"And besides ain't nothing gonna happen to you or my kids." Hakeem replied.

I looked at Hakeem with hope in my eyes wanting to believe everything will be just fine.

"Look T I know with everything that's been going on we haven't talk much about Empire's 30 year reunion." "And I was wondering if you'll like to perform some of our old songs together." Asked Hakeem.

"Okay" I simply said.

"Alright cool, see you at rehearsals."

Prince POV

"No don't shoot him!" "Don't shoot!"

"Baby are you okay?" Cookie asked rushing inside the room.

"I think you were having a bad dream."

"I can't get it off my mind Grandma." "I gotta get outta here." I said quickly putting on some pants.

"Baby your parents, and your Grandpa and I wanna make sure you're safe."

"I just can't stay in this house Grandma, I'm going crazy." "Will I ever be able to show my face at school or even the world." I questioned.

"Soon baby." "I promise."

Lucious POV

"What do you have for me Thirsty?"

"Xavier Johnson better known as X is the ring leader of that gang Prince was associated with." "But check this out boss you won't believe who is Xaxier's father." Thirsty stated.

"Who" I questioned.

"Xavier Johnson, Shine Johnson was his father."

"You gotta be kidding me." I questioned again.

"So Xaxier knew who Prince was all along."

Bella's POV

"Take it from the top." Said Jamal.

"Again?" I questioned.

"Yes again." Replied Jamal.

"It sounded fine the first time." I said rolling my eyes.

"No it did not." "I couldn't feel any emotions in this song Bella." "You gotta give it your all, like you just lost..."

Jamal trail off not finishing his sentence.

"Like I just lost what?" I said with an attitude.

"Why does everyone keep making this a big deal?" I snapped.

"It's okay to be sad Bella." "You lost someone close to you." "I understand what you're going through." Replied Jamal.

"No you don't." I said choking up.

"Yeah I do actually." "I lost a friend too." "Her name was Tori."

"I was the last person he spoke with before he died." "This is not fair." "Why does God keep taking people from me?" "First my Mom and now Caden." I broke down.

"Its okay" Jamal replied holding me.