Chapter 21

Bella's POV

I woke up. Check the time on my phone it read 9:43. "Ugh why am I up so early on a weekend." I groaned.

I walk downstairs and stopped in my tracks. Mom and Dad were asleep on the couch. I smirk as I pulled out my phone taking a picture of them. I guess the sound from the camera woken my Dad.

"What are you doing?" My Dad questioned.

"You guys are cute I couldn't resist."

Mom finally woke up. "What time is it?" Asked Mom.

"Almost ten." Too early for me." I responded. "

"Soon as Prince finally wake up , I do have something I want to discuss with you guys." Replied Dad.

"I wonder what that could be." I replied

30 minutes later Prince was awake and we were all in the dining area waiting for Dad's announcement.

"So what's going on?" I questioned.

"Since the release of that diss record, our family has been getting a lot of attention. Replied Dad. "The blogs are talking, and even rumors about me beating my own kids."

"What? I didn't hear that one?" Said Prince.

"And they're also saying I'm gonna end up like my real Mom." I replied.

"We should just ignore it." Replied Mom.

"Nah actually I was thinking we should have a sit down interview with the reporters and show the world we are still a family." Dad suggested.

"Hakeem do you really think that's a good idea?" Mom questioned.

"Yeah we can put the rumors to rest." "Regardless of what we go through, you guys are my family." Replied Dad.

1 week later.

Hakeem's POV

We were getting ready to do this interview. Not gonna lie I was nervous.

"So are you really ready for this?" Tiana questioned.

"Yes and no but I feel as if things need to be address."

"We have here today Hakeem Lyon and Tiana Brown with their lovely kids Bella and Prince." Announced Stacey Adams who was interviewing us. "So let's get right to it."

"So Hakeem there have been many rumors that you want to clear up?"

"Yes absolutely." I replied. "So is it true that you have serious anger issues and that your family suffers from it." Asked Stacey.

I rubbed my chin. I've had my moments but I've worked on not letting that get in the way of things." "Especially with my family." I replied

"So will there be anger management in your future?" Stacey asked.

"I think I'm doing better but if things were ever to get to that point, why not?" I responded.

"Funny you mention if things were to get to that point, here's a clip of you at a club a couple weeks ago getting in a brawl with rapper Gram, whom Ms Brown used to date." "There were reports of shots being fired." "Care to elaborate." Stacey asked.

"I can't speak on that situation, things are still under investigation."

"Okay moving on." "So Prince?" "You released a diss track about your family." "What was the motivation behind this diss record?"

"Umm I had a moment." "I was angry with my Dad at the time." Replied Prince.

"Why were you angry with your father?" Asked Stacey."

Prince hesitated.

"It's okay son you can answer the question." I replied.

"I was just angry at the way he treats my Mom." "I was hurt." "I said a lot of things to my Mom that I didn't mean." "I listen to my Dad's music and his view on women just gave me a negative opinion of her."

"Wow." Replied Stacey. "Hakeem your lyrics are very powerful." "Did you ever think about how your music would influence not only the world but your own kids?" Question Stacey

"No I never thought of that, because at the time I was becoming into a man and was just rapping about my own experience." I replied.

"Would you allow your daughter to date someone like you?" Asked Stacey.

I had to take a deep breath. I felt like I was getting attack but proceed with answering the question.

"Um I teach my daughter about respect and the way she should be treated." "Do I have some of the best qualities?" "No." "And with that I'm learning and growing to be the best example for my kids."

"So Ms. Brown" "You've just released a track, title "Rather be single." "Is there some truth in that?" Stacey Asked.

"Well I was just doing what I do best, using a creative outlet that may  pertain to a situation that I'm going through. "Every relationship has there ups and down." "Hakeem and I definitely been through a lot, and yeah at times I rather be single and not deal with the stress of it." Tiana replied.

"After hearing that track Hakeem, what were your overall feelings?" Asked Stacey.

"Um to be honest I didn't know she felt that way, about being single." "It would have been nice if she brought it up in a conversation or something instead of me listening to it with the rest of the world. I replied getting annoyed.

"Wow seems to be some tension there." "Anywho moving on."

"So Bella." "Your brother made comments about your mother who is deceased." "What were your thoughts about that?" Asked Stacey.

"I was hurt and very angry but I've dealt with it."

"So Bella you lost your mother at a very young age, what was it like growing up and dealing with that." Questioned Stacey

"I'm sorry Dad but I can't do this." Bella replied with tears in her eyes leaving the stage.