Chapter 34

Tiana's POV

I'm so dangerous

Listen to me, here we go
I got a body like a weapon
It goes ba, ba, bang, bang
And every time that we're together
I drive you insane, insane
Got me up in here, what you gonna do with it
Now I need a man that can aim lets get it

I was singing along to the music but couldn't keep up with my dancers. My mind was distracted.

"Tiana is everything okay?" Asked the choreographer.

"I just need a breather." I replied.

"Okay everybody take 5." He replied.

"What's wrong?" Hakeem asked rushing to my side.

"I'm trying to focus on Empire's 30 year reunion but I can't." "I'm really worried about our kids Hakeem."

"Bella refuses to talk and Prince is worried things will never be the same again." I replied.

"Bella will talk when she's ready and Prince is going through a tough situation." "He feels responsible for Caden's death." It will probably take some time but we just have to continue to be the best parents we can be and just be there for them." Hakeem replied. 

I sighed.

"Everything is gonna be fine." Replied Hakeem.

"How do I know that?" I questioned.

"Because you have me." Hakeem responded.

"Regardless of our situation T, you're the mother of my kids, and I'm always gonna be there for all three of you."

I gave Hakeem a small smile.

"Thanks" I said in a low voice

Lucious POV

"You're Xavier?" I questioned walking up to this young boy who looks to be about 17.

"Well if it isn't the famous Lucious Lyon." Xavier replied with a smirk on his face.

"Did Prince send his famous Grandpa?" Since he's been hiding out?"

"Look Xavier right?" "I was you once." "I thought I had it all figured out." "Stayed in the streets of Philly, did what I had to do to survive." "I had a family to look after." "And one day you'll probably have a family to look after as well." "So you'll do what you can in your power to protect your family." "And I'll always protect mine."
"I don't know what is that you want with my Grandson, but he's good." "And if you want to continue to run these streets in one piece then you'll do what is good as well."

"Is that a threat?" Xavier said with a smirk.

"More like a warning." "I suggest you and your goons take heed to what I'm saying." 

"Amateurs." I smirked and walk away.

Prince's POV

"Prince someone wants to see you." Yelled Cookie.

"I'm coming Grandma." I replied.

"I walked downstairs." Bella was here.

No I said in my head. I wasn't ready to face my sister. This is too hard. I started walking back upstairs.

"It's okay." I heard my sister say.  I was hesitant but Bella reassured me.

"I'll give you two some privacy." Said Cookie.

I sat down on the couch next to Bella. It was quiet until Bella finally spoke.

"I was mad at you, I hated you." "I didn't want anything to do with you but I realize hating you is not going to bring him back."

"Bella I didn't mean for any of this to happen." "Caden didn't deserve to die." "I'm really am sorry and it's okay if you hate me." I replied.

"I don't hate you, well I thought I did but really I just needed someone to blame so I could make sense of all this."

"I wish I never met those dudes." "If I just waited patiently for Jacob and didn't go to the park that day, none of this shit would of happened."

"Yeah but it did, and it wasn't your fault you just got tangled up with the wrong people." Replied Bella.

"I'm really sorry Bella. I'm sorry for everything." "I haven't been the best brother to you." "And I was always jealous of you."

"Jealous of me?" "Really?" Bella questioned.

"Yeah because you seem to be Dad's favorite." "I was always getting into trouble and you were the good child."

"Of course I'm Dad's favorite." Bella laughed. "He knew me longer."

"Just playing bro." "Dad loves us equally." Bella replied. 

"Well we better hurry and get ready to see Mom, Dad, and Uncle Jamal perform tonight at Empire's 30 year reunion." I replied.

"Yeah" Bella responded in a sad voice.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"It's just...Caden and I had plans of going together." Said Bella.

"I don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry again." I replied.

"I'll get through this eventually." "But are you even allowed to leave the house?" Bella asked.

"Idk, guess we will find out." 

Later that night

Tiana's POV

I was backstage getting ready to perform "Keep it Moving and Drip Drop." I was so nervous and didn't know why. Maybe because I was performing with Hakeem. I guess he still has that affect on me.

"Welcome to the stage Hakeem and Tiana!" Cookie announced

I'm so dangerous

Listen to me, here we go
I got a body like a weapon
It goes ba, ba, bang, bang
And every time that we're together
I drive you insane, insane
Got me up in here, what you gonna do with it
Now I need a man that can aim lets get it

As Hakeem began rapping I look over at him and smiled. I was getting butterflies in my stomach. It felt like the first time we performed together all over again.

Every time I show her my maneuver
She brag about the way I give it to her
I do it sort of like a rooger
That's true tho, that's true tho, that's true tho
And I don't even got a license
And it don't matter because I get it private
Every time a I got it, she gon like it
She excited and I'm excited

The song was coming to an end. I don't know what came over me but I pulled Hakeem in for a kiss. Hakeem looked surprised but quickly gave me a smile and kissed me back in return.

"Takeem! takeem!" We heard the crowd chanting. We looked at the crowd and then put our focus back on each other as we kissed again.