Chapter 20

Hakeem's POV

I was at Jamal's when I got a notification that Tiana dropped a new single. I clicked on the link and played it.

If you gonna come and go whenever you want
I rather be single, if ima raise these kids all on my own
I rather be single, cause it seems like I'll be better alone
I rather be single, cause the things you do ain't turning me on, I rather be single

"Wow so that's how it is." "You hear that bruh." "She rather be single." I replied to Jamal.

"I thought you two were doing couples therapy and working through your problems." Jamal questioned.

"We were, but therapy reveal some ugly truths that I don't like." I replied.

"What do you mean?" Questioned Jamal.

"I feel like she's never been truly loyal to me." "And she doesn't understand me." I replied.

"Wow." Replied Jamal.

"See man its her fault why we're the way we are." I replied.

"No fool its both of y'all fault." Replied Jamal.

"Who's side are you on?" I replied.

"I'm on no one's side." Jamal replied. "Just seem like you two need to listen and understand where the other person is coming from instead of playing the blame game." "You gotta be an example for my niece and nephew." "Just remember about what made you fall in love with her." Suggested Jamal

Prince's POV

"Hey Mom I'm here"

"Hey" replied Mom coming from upstairs. "Where's Bella?" Asked Mom

"Dad is suppose to drop her off." I replied. Mom had a concern look on her face.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. "No everything is fine." Replied Mom.

Ten minutes later Dad and Bella arrived.

"Mom I missed you." Replied Bella.

"Aww miss you too my love." Mom responded.

"Dad missed you too." I replied putting my Dad on the spot. Mom remain quiet.

"Well Prince and I are gonna leave you two to it." Replied Bella.

Hakeem's POV

"So I heard your track." "You rather be single?" I questioned.

"Hakeem can we not do this today." Replied Tiana.

"Wow I didn't know you felt like that." I replied. "You failed to mention that in therapy."

"I don't want to fight with you." Tiana replied.

"Listen a lot what said in therapy." "A lot of issues that needed to be address." I replied. "And now it feels like we're at a crossroads." "So where do we go from here?" I questioned.

"You know I've been thinking about that as well." Replied Tiana. "Hakeem I love you a lot, words can't even express it." "But I feel like we just don't work." "No matter how many times we try at it."

"So you wanna just give up on us." I lashed out.

"See that's my problem with you." "You don't know how to control your anger." Tiana replied.

"I won't let you," I responded in a soft voice.

"Hakeem don't." Replied Tiana.

I crashed my lips onto hers. "I won't let you walk away from me." Tiana stared into my eyes as we kiss passionately.