Chapter 30

Hakeem's POV

"Hakeem" I heard someone say.

"Laura?"

"How you been?" Asked Laura.

"Good." I simply said.

"I know it's been a long time and we haven't spoken since..."

"You left me at the alter" I responded cutting her off.

"I'm sorry." She said simply.

"That was a long time ago, and its all in the past. I'm over it." I responded

"Do you realize where we are?" She questioned.

I looked at her with curiousity.

"This is the exact same bar we met, when you first heard me sing." She replied.

"Yeah." I said nonchalantly.

"So how is your life?" Asked Laura.

"Look not to be rude, I'm already going through enough right now and I really don't need any more confusion." "And being seen talking to my ex, just adds more fuel to the fire." I replied

"It's because of that bitch right?" "Tiana?" "Really Hakeem?" Laura snapped.

"Why is this even a question bruh?" "You and I haven't talked nor dated in years?" I replied

"I didn't leave you at the alter because of that stupid fight at our wedding, I left you because I knew you couldn't take your eyes off of her." Said Laura.

"You were a great distraction for me and I don't know what you want me to say."  Even though her and I are having problems right now it has always been her and always will be." I replied.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that?" Said Laura.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Well you know my friend Erica right?" "The one you allegedly knocked up?"

"You know her?" I questioned.

"Who do you think set this entire thing up Hakeem?"

"Wait she's not pregnant?"

"Hakeem she lied about everything" Thirsty said coming up to us.

"Here are pictures of Laura and Erica coming out of Erica's apartment.

I looked at the pictures and anger rose in me.

"Why would y'all do this!?" "My family is all messed up because of this." I snapped hitting the counter

"Calm down boss" Replied Thirsty.

"Why?" I demanded yelling at Laura who had tears in her eyes.

"Because I almost had everything." "I was in a successful girl group and she couldn't stand that." "She didn't want me to shine." "And when I found out you got back with her, I wanted to ruin your precious, little family." " That was suppose to be me." "And now I'm that girl that used to be." Replied Laura

I looked at Laura with anger and then turn my attention to Thirsty.

"Thanks Thirsty." I replied walking off

"Hakeem wait!" Said Laura.

"Don't ever come near me, or my family again." "You got that

Bella's POV

Something been up with Prince. He hasn't been himself lately. I've been spending so much time with Caden, that I feel like I haven't been there for my brother.

"What is up with you?" I questioned Prince.

"Nothing, why do you asked?" Prince replied,

"Because you've skipped the last two studio sessions and you haven't been at school."

"Why do you care, don't you have a dude to tend too?" Prince snapped.

"Okay I care because you're my brother, and also I don't need you messing this up for me."

"Messing what up?" Prince questioned.

"If you continue skipping school and not coming to the studio then Dad is gonna pull the plug on this entire music thing." I said with frustration.

"Let him do it." "I don't care." Replied Prince.

"Seriously what is wrong with you." I questioned getting a little agitated.

"Just leave me alone Bella." Prince said storming off.

Prince's POV

I went upstairs to my room. I reached in my book bag and took out the Glock X gave to me. I aim it at the mirror.

"No one is gonna ever push me around again." I said out loud.

Tiana's POV

I wish I could just have a life without drama. These past few weeks have been stressful. I began reflecting on the ups and downs. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Hakeem entering the room.

"Hakeem what are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Babe we need to talk." Replied Hakeem.

"Hakeem I told you there's nothing to talk about?

"T just listen to what I have to say." Responded Hakeem.

"Okay" I replied.

"She's not pregnant, she lied about everything." "Thirsty even took photos of her without her fake baby bump." Hakeem stated.

Hakeem shown me the pictures of Erica and...wait Laura?

"Why is Laura in these photos?"

"That's what I'm saying, Laura and Erica are friends." "Babe she set this entire thing up?" Said Hakeem.

"Who Laura?" "Why would she do this?" I questioned.

"Because she's jealous of you." Hakeem simply said.

"Okay but you still slept with Erica Hakeem."

"Babe I'm sorry about everything." "These few weeks without you have been really hard." "I shouldn't have slept with that girl and I wish I could take it back."

I listened to Hakeem's pleads. Apart of me wanted to continue being mad at him but another part of me truly misses him.

"And I'll do whatever it takes to get you back." "Its always been me and you Tiana."

I looked away and then at Hakeem.

"I haven't been with anyone else because I can't seem to be with anyone but you but right now I just don't know what to do."

"Take me back." Hakeem pleaded.

"Hakeem I don't know if I should." "What if I'm making a mistake."

"Look T on my kids, Bella and Prince I'm sorry for what I've put you through."

"I know you're sorry, Hakeem." I replied.

"Maybe we're not meant to be, I don't know, maybe we're just not good for each other."

Hakeem had a look of disappointment in his eyes. I sighed as I watched him walk away