•°[In the future you'd talk about]°•

-'This story is based off of a short story that I read in school. And I'm kinda writing this in a bad place- mentally- right now so it might suck'-

-'Warnings: Heavy Angst, major character death, mentions of anxiety and other metal health issues.'-

There was a boy named Rich, he made friends easily and his life was going well. He had been getting sick a lot more often. Bizzare for a kid his age, since he was only 12. His mother took him took the Doctor, against his will, they found out.. He had cancer. They could maybe cure it. He would need to stay in a hospital so they could try different treatments. Now, he was 16 and he had almost forgotten what it is like to be outside. He forgotten most of his friends since nobody comes to see him. Only Jake.

This was the last person you'd think would visit someone in the hospital. Jake had his tough guy act up so much that you could hardly tell when he was being sincere. He was different around Rich though, the two would put down both their masculinity to hold hands and pray for a better future. Jake would talk about a future where they would become roommates and they could travel the world after Jake works hard. Jake had been getting better grades, determined to make the dreams and hopes a reality.

Rich would smile and get excited. Though, his body felt itself healing from the latest treatment. The doctor's told both of the boys that Rich would probably get well at this rate and that Jake helped the mental attitude of Rich, making it so his brain could subconsciously tell it's body to heal.

This all was amazing, Jake though.. Stopped talking about his and Rich's future together. Rich had a major crush on Jake but.. When Jake asked him out. He said no.. Rich didn't want to be his boyfriend then die, only to break Jake's heart. Jake left the room before Rich could explain. Rich hadn't seen Jake for a while. He slipped into a short comas like how he used to when he first got into the hospital.

Rich then seen Jake.. holding hands with a boy as they walked into the next door room. The boy kissed Jake's cheek and Rich felt quickly envious. Rich heard a Mother had gotten sick.. But that was the least of his worries. Jake looked so happy even though his mother was sick, was this because of that boy? Rich started to not even try to get better, his hopeful mindset changed to a dreading one. He only wished for death to come faster. He wouldn't take the pills and would pocket them away in the trash after the nurse left, planning to overdose.

He wrote a letter to Jake before he took about 15 of those pills even though Jake would never care about him anymore, or that's what Rich thought.

Dear Jake,

Hehe, I'm not going to be alive anymore soon.. I always thought I would die of cancer if anything.. But where I'm heading, I can live our future that you talked about.. Maybe more.. Like we could get married and adopt a kid.. I didn't want to say no to you.. I'm sorry, I am sick and I didn't want to hurt you by dying. But, your so happy now so.. You don't need little old me. I always loved when you spoke to me about that apartment you said you'd buy.. I'd imagine a nice apartment with cool furniture where you would hold me close. You would whisper things to me and we'd be happy. You would tell me 'I always knew you'd get better' and you'd let me lay with you.. But now.. You can do that with your boyfriend. You guys can have the nice apartment, huh?.. You won't need to worry because, when I'm in heaven, I'll always imagine you kissing me in the future you'd talk about.