Dark Nights, Bright Lights

Jake was getting ready to hang out with his friend Rich. Rich was a short little kid who he hung out with during summer because it was just a tradition by now. He threw on a T-shirt and shorts and went down to the corner shop where they met up at the beginning of the day. He looked at the snacks they had and bought a few. He waited patiently for the boy to walk through the door and ring the bell the door has beside it. He carefully was staking coffee creamers on top of one another. 

Rich had soon when into the store, the bell chiming. He waved to the old man behind the counter, "Hey, Mr. Gaboriault" He said kindly to the old man then walked over to Jake, who was already ready to go walking with the other boy. They walked out and went down the street. They talked about what happened over the school year and how everything went, making small talk before they started to joke around with each other, their walls always broke down easily around each other.

They went walking on the abandoned railroad, where trees and grown around the rails and made it like an odd garden walkway. The sun was soon setting, turning everything into an orange or soft yellow hue. Rich sat on the railroads, eating the snacks Jake had bought for the trip. Jake ate a few as well but was watching the sunset mostly. After night set in, they started to walk down the field to the lake

Rich smiled at the fireflies moving around. Jake sat down at the lake, sticking his feet into the cool water after taking after his shoes. The lights from the town reflected against the water, the silent night felt great to both of the boys. Rich sat beside Jake. They started to talk once again, joking with each other. 

They started to play 20 questions, that began to become boring. Jake soon said, "Why not we play Truth or Dare?" Rich said Dare on the first one he said. Jake tappen his lip, calmly thinking of a dare. He smiled with an evil glint in his eye. "I dare you to go skinny dipping!" 

To be continued...