Understanding

Arthit worked in his bank and Kong too worked as a lecturer in the SUU University teaching African Literature and Language.  The income was steady and so was Kong in harassing Arthit when it came to mornings.  Kong became more clingy and attention seeker from Arthit.  He would not let Arthit from his sight once he was back from his office.  

Arthit suffered from too much of diabetes of love from Kong and as a result had a feeling of suffocation when he came home after his office hours, which he did not mind at all.  Kong's Passport was kept by Arthit in a locker and he also started sweet talking Kong into order to grab  the offer again if it came his way regarding his research.   Life went on peacefully for the couple but for  neighbours, friends, relatives and parents still bickering and quarrels irritated.  Parents of  Kong and Arthit wanted them to marry off since they too wanted to play with their grandchildren or at least grandchild.

Marriage was not in the list of Kong and Arthit since they knew very well they could not afford a child right then.  They turned their ears deaf and continued with their lives.  They understood each other perfectly well.  They fought, quarreled and made love , most of the time on the part of Kong only.  Since he would not allow to leave Arthit even for a moment once he was home.  Arthit would also cling to him but most of the time hitting or nagging him.

Kong's sister Samira lost her husband in a car accident that year and was in shock.  The funeral was attended by Arthit and his parents.  The grief was shared by both families and were quite supportive.  It so happened that Kong's parents had to go to their hometown on an urgent family matter and asked Kong to take care of his sister, which Arthit gladly accepted, but Kong became reluctant to bring his sister home.  It irked Arthit so much that the day she was about to crash in their flat, he stopped talking to Kong.  Kong thought that their sky was surrounded by dark clouds engulfing the sun in the morning and moon at night.  The understanding which they built together was also dissipating  like a vapour even before the clouds appeared.

************

Hi all,

I thought I will just write only three chapters but mind is coming up with ideas, so I am penning it.