.3.

I'm back at the studio where Emily and I were working two days ago. I wrote a song and I want to know how it sounds, so I brought Jesse and Benji with me. They haven't seen me at all and I want to see everybody that I know. Jesse and Benji are good friends of mine and I want to know what they think of the song. 

,,What's the song about?" Jesse looks at me.

,,I wrote this song for Chloe." 

,,Really?" Benji looks at the lyrics. ,,Wow Beca, this is really good. Are you going to sing it?"

,,Now I will, but I was thinking about Melanie C or Rita Ora to sing this on their album." 

,,Why won't you sing it yourself? If it's about Chloe." 

,,Because I made this remix myself, I just need one of their voices." 

,,Too bad you're giving away your own song, but let me hear it." Says Jesse. 

,,First a picture. Smile!" Yells Benji. I smirk and look over to my left, where he's standing. ,,Great, now let's hear your masterpiece!" I start the music, that I've recorded beforehand and place the lyrics on the stand. 

When the world is darker than I can understand.
When nothing turns out the way I planned.
When the sky turns grey and there's no end in sight.
When I can't sleep through the lonely night.

I turn to you. Like a flower leaning toward the sun.
I turn to you. 'Cos you're the only one.
Who can turn me around when I'm upside down.
I turn to you.

When my insides are wracked with anxiety.
You have the touch that will quiet me.
You lift my spirit. You melt the ice.
When I need inspiration, when I need advice.

I turn to you. Like a flower leaning toward the sun.
I turn to you. 'Cos you're the only one.
Who can turn me around when I'm upside down.
I turn to you.

Where would I be? What would I do?
If you'd never helped me through.
I hope someday if you've lost your way.
You could turn to me like I turn to you.

I turn to you. Like a flower leaning toward the sun.
I turn to you. 'Cos you're the only one.
Who can turn me around when I'm upside down.
I turn to you.

I turn to you. When fear tells me to turn around.
I turn to you. 'Cos you're the only one.
Who can turn me around when I'm upside down.
I turn to you. I turn to you. I turn to you.

,,Beca, this is really good. Does Chloe know you wrote this for her?"

,,I haven't seen Chloe yet and she can't know that this song's for her."

,,Why not?"

,,Jesse, she doesn't like me that way."

,,I think she'll love this song if you sing it to her."

,,I'm not going to sing this for her, can you please stop talking about Chloe?"

,,Oh, my god. You're still in love with her don't you?"

,,Well look at you, Sherlock!"

,,Hey, you don't need to be defensive. Chloe talks about you a lot."

,,She does?" 

,,Yes, especially against Lauren. Have you seen Lauren?"

,,I haven't seen Chloe, so I haven't seen Lauren. It's weird to know she talks about me behind my back, you know."

,,Well, she does and that means she cares about you." Benji put his hand on my shoulder.

,,Of course she cares about me, she's my best friend."

,,I didn't mean - you know what, never mind. But that song's going to be a big hit!" 

,,If only Melanie C would sing it..." 

,,Can't you ask mr Reynolds to arrange that?"

,,No, because he wants to see my second album finished. He doesn't care about songs that I've written that can't go on the album."

,,He kinda sounds like a jerk to me." 

,,He is strict, but he only does that so that I remain focused. He knows I do not do half a job and that I want to be the best." 

,,You're already the best. The mix you made out of "Titanium" and "Bulletproof", was standing on number one for six months, the mix of "Work" from Fifth Harmony and "Black Magic" from Little Mix stood on number one even longer!" 

,,Benji's right and don't forget about "Just the way you are" and "Little Things" you mixed up. That song was on number one for almost one year! And my ultimate favorite "Ready for it" and "Thunder" stood on number one in more than ten countries. The US, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Croatia, Ireland and even in Australia. Even in the south of America, you're a hit. Don't doubt yourself, only because you can't think of a song to write for your second album." 

,,Thinking about songs isn't the problem."

,,Then what's the problem?"

,,Well, my second album is going to be one with a lot of megamixes. To make that, I need permission from every artist I want to make a megamix for. I can't make a megamix without the artist to know."

,,Ow damn girl, that's difficult. Did you already have artist to work with you?" 

,,Yes. The Saturdays, Cheryl Cole, Nicki Minaj and Adele... but I want bigger artist to work with like Rihanna, Little Mix, Fifth Harmony and Jessie J."

,,Then you need a plan to convince them it's good for their career to work with you." 

,,What are you thinking off?" 

,,I don't know." I roll my eyes at Jesse. 

,,Great, now I can forget my second album and get fired! Thank you very much Jesse!" I feel the anger rising and I don't want to lash out to him, so I leave to recording booth and walk outside of the building. There I can breath and think about what to do. I need artists to work with, but how? Maybe I need to let Mr. Reynolds decide. I grab my phone and text my boss.

16:15
Beca ️🎧:
I've thought about my album. Can you arrange a meeting with one of these artists?
- Little Mix
- Fifth Harmony
- Rihanna
- Selena Gomez
- Jennifer Lopez
- Bruno Mars

16:18
mr Reynolds 🕶️:
So you finally thinking about what's most important huh? I can see that the break you're taking is working. I'll see what I can do.

I don't even reply to that message. The last year he is way more angry and impatient. Well, maybe I'll quit and go to another company, because there are more candidates with bosses that really want to work with me and not against me. I just don't understand why I haven't got any inspiration. Is it because I haven't seen Chloe yet? Was she the one that brought me inspiration? I need to find out and get a meeting with the Bellas as soon as possible, otherwise I'll lose my job and I don't want that.