.27.

Chloe and I haven't been separated for two months now and it's already Christmas day. Lauren doesn't have a dog as she wanted, but I'm planning to change that today. We have postponed the move to Los Angeles until January first, so Lauren can say goodbye to her friends. Lauren is playing with her Playmobil, while Chloe and I are sitting at the dinner table drinking a nice cup of tea. Chloe and I are really close, but we aren't together yet. She's trying very hard, but it takes time. I look to my email, waiting patiently on the mail of the animal shelter. Lauren goes crazy when she sees him.

,,What are you smiling about?" I look over to Chloe and she looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

,,I have a surprise for Lauren for Christmas."

,,You bought her something?"

,,Of course, just like I got you something."

,,That's really sweet, but you didn't have to buy us something."

,,I did. Chlo, we've been close for the last two months and I can't imagine my life without you anymore. I want to give you this present."

,,Aw, you're really sweet." She grabs my hand that lies on the table and looks into my eyes. ,,Can I please kiss you?" I smile at her and look to Lauren for a second.

,,I won't stop you." I say, after which she giggles and leans forward. Her lips fit perfectly against mine and even tho the kiss is a small one, my heart misses a beat. I love her so much and I'm happy she's taking everything seriously. My feelings, my thoughts, just everything. She could've pushed me for taking her back, but she didn't. She's taking it slow and I really appreciate it. I just hope she's going to like my present.

,,Thank you for letting me kiss you." She says when we have separated again. I nod and smile.

,,Mommy?" Lauren gets us out of our moment and I drink my tea.

,,Yes honey?" Chloe lifts her up and places her on her lap.

,,Is Beca going to stay tonight? It's Christmas and I want her to stay."

,,You should ask her yourself." Now Lauren looks at me. Lauren wants me to stay. I haven't slept here for these two months, but I have seen Chloe and Lauren.

,,Will you stay with us tonight?"

,,Well, it's Christmas. I would love to stay here with you and your mother."

,,Really?"

,,Yeah, I even got you a present."

,,You did? What is it?!"

,,It's a surprise."

,,I hate surprises."

,,Just like your mother." Now Chloe looks at me with a surprised look.

,,Don't act so surprised. You hate surprises."

,,I don't hate them, I just don't like secrets."

,,Well, you should work on that." Chloe raises her eyebrow and Lauren looks at me.

,,When do I get my surprise?"

,,Tonight, when your aunts are here too."

,,Aw, that means I have to wait for another -" Lauren stops for a minute, just to count on her fingers. ,,four hours!"

,,You are five years old, right?"

,,Yes."

,,Well, then you are a big girl already and big girls can wait for a present."

,,Mommy can't."

,,Hey!" Chloe says and pretends to be offended.

,,Your mother doesn't have much patience, that's why you have to show her how it's done. Can you do that?" Lauren looks at Chloe and smiles.

,,Yeah, I can do that." She says proudly, gives me a kiss on my cheek and runs back to her Playmobil. Yes, I can get used to this life.

,,You know, I got you something too."

,,Really?"

,,Yes, that was the least I could do. You gave me another chance and I can't thank you enough for that." I smile.

,,Come here." I say and pat my lap. She giggles a little bit but does what I ask. She sits down on my lap and I hold her. ,,You are my best friend and I love you so much. I can't imagine my life without you anymore, so no matter what you do, I'll always forgive you." Chloe smiles and puts her lips on mine again. ,,Hmm, I can get used to this." I say and Chloe just laughs. Yeah, this is the life for me. I get up carefully. ,,I have to pick up your presents. I'll see you two later." I say and before they can ask something, I leave the house. 

Four hours later I arrive back at the house and let him down for a moment. He looks at me with his brown eyes.

,,Stay." I say and knock on the door. Amy is the one who opens the door.

,,Beca!" She pulls me into a hug. ,,Nice hat."

,,Thank you, I'll be Santa Claus for tonight." I say laughing.

,,I'll let Chloe know you're here." She wants to walk away, but I grab her hand.

,,No! They can't know I'm here."

,,Why not?"

,,Because of him." I say and points to the dog.

,,Oh, my god you bought a dog?!"

,,Yes, I know how much Lauren wanted one and I know it isn't a Golden Retriever like she wanted, but it's still a dog."

,,She will be happy. Lauren doesn't care about the race."

,,Can you help me get him in without Lauren or Chloe noticing?"

,,That isn't difficult. Mrs. Beale is here with her husband too and the other bellas are distracting them. Did you got the dog for Chloe too?"

,,No, I have this for her." I show her the package.

,,What is it?"

,,You'll see, now help me get him inside." I point to the dog and she nods while walking into the living room. I turn to the dog and crouch down while picking him up in my arms. ,,It's time for you to meet the sweetest and nicest girl, who's going to love you just like I love you." I say and walk inside the house now. The door towards the living room is closed and I smile. I hear Amy distracting Lauren by saying that the big surprise is almost here. I wait for a couple of seconds, before opening the door a little. Lauren looks up from Chloe's lap and almost trip running over to me.

,,Where were you?" She asks me and tries to look behind me, but I won't let her.

,,I was picking up your surprise."

,,Well what is it?" I laugh.

,,Go to your mother and close your eyes." She obeys and sits down on Chloe's lap. Chloe looks at me with a questioning look and when Lauren has her eyes closed, I bring in the dog. Chloe's mouth falls open and put her dumbs up. ,,Lauren, open your eyes." I say while putting the dog down in front of her. When she sees the dog, she jumps into my arms happily.

,,Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She says and gives me a kiss on my cheek.

,,You're welcome." I tell her and walks up to Chloe with her present. ,,I got you something too." I give her the package and when she opens it, she literally jumps on me. I should give her more presents like this. Maybe a ring sometime... Chloe kiss me deeply and grabs her own package now. I look at her when I open my package, but before I can explain, she tells me what it is already.

,,I hope you don't find it cheesy. This present is part of my plan to let you know how much I care about you. You see the months right?" I nod. ,,Well, every month there's a date. I just thought we could start over like this. No pressure, just twelve dates." I smile at her.

,,I love it!" I say and kiss her now. She's the sweetest and sexiest girl I've ever know. She really wants to get the best out of our relationship. I love her so much and I don't want to lose her again!