.26.

,,Goodmorning." I say to Chloe and Lauren when I'm downstairs. Lauren immediately stops eating from her cereal and runs up to me, after which I catch her into my arms.

,,Did you sleep well?"

,,Of course, I honestly have to say that I missed your mother's hugs." I look over to Chloe, with who I shared a bed last night. Chloe smiles to the way Lauren and I are interacting with each other.

,,Mommy missed you a lot." I walk to Chloe and give her a kiss on her cheek. I know we should be closer, but she still needs to prove herself.

,,I know," I sit down between Chloe and Lauren. ,,and I'm really happy that you are coming to Los Angeles with me."

,,Only if we're going to buy a dog."

,,Lauren, what did I tell you?"

,,Mommy, Amy already said that it was a good idea." Lauren looks to me. ,,She's coming to live with us too right?"

,,Yeah, just as Emily and Stacie."

,,You didn't tell me that."

,,Chlo, it's my house and I have enough room to live with all of you."

,,Mommy, Beca's going to sleep with you in one room." I startle and look Lauren in the eye. ,,You are going to, right?"

,,Sweety, I'm not going to sleep with your mother in one room."

,,But why not? You love her, right?"

,,I never loved anyone more, but you have to understand that she really hurt me. Sometimes living together isn't enough."

,,But mommy will make it up to you, she promised."

,,She promised me too, that's why you have to be patient."

,,Do you think you can be with mommy eventually? Be my second mom."

,,I'm going to be your second mother with or without being romantic with your mother."

,,But I want you to be with mommy."

,,Lauren that's enough." Chloe looks at me apologetically.

,,It's okay Chlo," I say and don't leave her gaze. ,,I know we're going to be together again."

,,Really?" I nod and give her a kiss on her mouth this time. She smiles at me when I pull back.

,,You know I'm hopelessly in love with you, I just need time." She nods and now Lauren smiles to me. I raise my eyebrows to her.

,,Can I have a kiss too?" She asks me and Chloe just laughs. I put Lauren down while looking into her eyes.

,,Well, do you love me?"

,,If mommy loves you then I do too!"

,,Okay, but let me check with your mother first. She might not want me to kiss other women." I say playfully to Lauren. I look at Chloe and see she's happy. ,,Do you mind if I kiss your daughter?"

,,No, I don't mind that at all." She says and I get down on my knees to match Lauren's height and kiss her forehead.

,,Yay!" Lauren says and runs to her Playmobil.

,,I never thought of seeing you this good with children." Chloe says to me while we're sitting down at the dinner table to finish or breakfast.

,,I never thought I would love children, but I guess Lauren is an exception. She's so sweet, kind and cheerful, like all the time. I wonder if she can be sad."