.4.

The next day I'm walking towards the Starbucks with a big smile on my face. Aubrey and the other bellas has finally agreed to meet, which means I get to see them again. I can't wait to see how they look and I'm very curious about Chloe and Lauren. Theo wanted to come with me, but I refused. He doesn't have to come with me when I'm with my family, because that's what the bellas are for me. I've been thinking about this day for a long time now, but I'm still nervous. Chloe and I haven't separated in good conditions. I was very disappointed when Chloe told me she didn't want to come with me despite that she told me that she loved me. Now I know what she meant, she loved me but only as her best friend. I'm in the friend-zone and I really hate it. I don't even know how to react when I see her... What if I say something that will hurt her? What if she doesn't want to be best friends anymore? What if she doesn't want me nearby her daughter? What if Lauren doesn't like me? And so what if she doesn't like me? It is not that Chloe suddenly falls hopelessly in love with me. Just as I'm about to open the door, my phone rings and I see that's Mr Reynolds. Ugh, why does he have to call me right now?!  I walk away from the door and sit down on a chair, while picking up the phone call.
Beca, I'm sorry to interrupt your day, but I have amazing news.

You stop calling me today and won't bother me with work until tomorrow?

This is important and you should listen, because I am your boss.

That's true, but I have an important meeting today.

With that silly acapella group?

Say another stupid word about them and I quit.

You can't quit, you still have half a year to go and you need to work on your second album.

Well, have you already had contact with the managers of the artists that I sent you?

Yes, that's why I'm calling. They all agreed to work with you.

Oh, my God! Are you serious right now?

Well yeah, otherwise I won't call you. See why this call was important?

Yes I see why, but I have to go now. Talk to you later.
And before Mr. Reynolds can say anything else, I hung up. This day can't go wrong from now on. I stand up and open the door, but only to be greeted by a golden retriever running out, almost tripping me.
,,Hey wait!" A little girls voice follows the dog and bumps into me. ,,Oh, I'm sorry miss." She says and looks up.
,,It's okay. Was that your dog?" I point to the golden retriever who sits next to an older couple.
,,No, I saw him inside and I wanted to pet him, but he ran away."
,,Oh, so you love dogs huh?"
,,Oh, my God, yes! I have been asking my mother for a dog for a whole year, but she can't afford it right now."
,,Do you want to ask the couple if you can pet him?"
,,I'm not allowed to go with strangers." I let out a giggle.
,,Your mother raised you well." I start. ,,Let me introduce myself." I kneel down to her level. ,,My name is Beca Mitchell." The little girl grabs my hand and pulls me with her to the couple and the dog. ,,Excuse me miss." I say to get the attention of the couple, which I get. ,,She saw your dog inside the Starbucks and was hoping she could pet him."
,,Oh, of course she can." Says the couple with a smile and let the little girl pet their golden retriever. The little girl laughs and its heart warming. She's very sweet.
,,Can I have ice cream?" She stops petting the dog and looks up at me.
,,I thought you didn't hang out with strangers?"
,,You're not a stranger anymore. You're Beca." She gives me a big smile.
,,You're really sweet, you know that?" I tell her.
,,Mommy tells me every day, but thank you. Can I have an ice cream please?"
,,Yes honey." She jumps up and down happily and gives me a hug.
,,Thank you!" She doesn't wait for a reply and pulls me with her to a little ice cream shop just around the corner. I buy her a small coin and we walk back to Starbucks. I can't risk that her mother will be worried sick. We sit down at a table next to the entrance of Starbucks. The little girl looks at me while eating her ice cream. ,,Where do you live?"
,,Los Angeles, but I'm free for a month. I used to go to college here and lived not to blocks away from here." 
,,Why did you go to LA?"
,,For a job. I choose my career above friendship and family."
,,Are you happy?"
,,Ask me again next month okay?"
,,Okay." She takes the last bite of her ice cream and wipes her mouth with a napkin.
,,Your mother really raised you well."
,,There are a few most important things she learned me."
,,And what are they?" The little girl touches her index finger.
,,One, never go with strangers." Now she touches her middle finger. ,,Two, always be polite." And just as she's about to say number three and maybe four, the door of Starbucks opens with a lot of force.
,,Lauren?!" I hear and I look up. I could recognize that voice everywhere! But wait, did she just say Lauren? ,,Lauren, where are you?" Did she just notice that she was gone? Nice babysitter. ,,Lauren?!"
,,Aunt Aubrey, I'm here." Says Lauren, that makes Aubrey turns around.
,,There you are. Your mother would be dissapointed when she hears that you ran away from me." She walks over to Lauren with a serious look.
,,I'm sorry Aubrey, I just wanted to pet that dog." She points to the golden retriever.
,,It's okay, I'm glad I've found you." Now she looks at me. ,,Beca, that's a long time ago." But I ignore Aubrey for now and turn to Lauren.
,,Are you Lauren Eloise Beale?" She raises her eyebrows.
,,How do you know my full name?" Oh, my God! I just met Chloe's daughter and she's the cutest girl ever!  I look towards Aubrey with a questioned look and she just nods.
,,I know your mother." I tell Lauren when I turn my attention back on her. ,,We were best friends at Barden University and were in the Barden Bellas together."
,,Beca." Lauren thinks about my name and then looks to Aubrey. ,,Aunt Aubrey?"