Part 23

"You...have my things." I said, glancing off to the side, feeling shy all of a sudden as my nerves were getting the better of me. He looked down at the bag.

"O-oh, yeah. I thought you would have been sent home, s-so I was gonna take your bag and do your homework for you to make up for what I've done." 

I looked back up to him again. My shyness quickly squashed by irritation. "First of all, I already did all of my homework for each subject today. So there would have been nothing you could have done. Second, There is no way you can make up for what you did, because you did nothing wrong. You fell in love and kissed the girl you liked, I just took it the wrong way and over reacted. It was my fault-" 

"-What?" He dropped my bag on the ground. "What are you talking about? I didn't kiss anybody. If you're thinking I kissed Uraraka, then you've got it all wrong. I don't like Uraraka like that. I do like her, but as a sister. And the thing that I said I did wrong, was me ignoring you this entire time. That's what she was trying to get me to understand. Uraraka pulled me out of class to explain how she noticed my actions and helped me understand you, and what you must have been going through."

Now knowing this lifted a weight off my shoulders, but I was still kind of upset. "Yeah, and what you were doing wasn't helping." 

He looked to the ground in shame

He looked to the ground in shame. Seeing him like this really didn't make me feel any better. I sighed, "It's not my intention to make you feel like shit, you know that, right? It's just..." What I wanted to say next shouldn't be said. It would go against the 'Operation Heros Of Love' thing that the girls planned for me, but I can't keep doing this. "...I like you...like more than a friend..." I looked away, too scared to see his reaction. "I've like you since, the day you jumped into my practice fight with the teachers, or probably even before that. And it's not some 'friendship' like, but it's definitely more than a crush, I don't know much about romance to know if it's love, but I would like to think that, the first person I love-" I choke and tear up, blurring the vision of the ground. "-is someone as worthy as you. You made me feel normal when we'd laugh together, blessed when you'd help me with anything I needed or wanted, appreciated, loved, and calm when are alone, and you'd compliment me when ever you could." Hot tears fell down my face and closed my eyes, still smiling. "And I never got that from anyone else in my life. Not even my own parents. Though I know you may not like me the same way, it's fine. As long as I get to be close to you, be your friend, then that's all I need. So please don't ignore me anymore." I look up and whip away my tears to look at him completely. "I need you. Because you keep me sane, normal, and human." He was clutching his shirt as tears began to fall down his face. "Izuku." He bent over, as if he was slowly breaking, and started crying.

" He bent over, as if he was slowly breaking, and started crying