Part 37

"I can't believe what just happened. He's so old yet he took us both down." Izuku dusted himself off, thinking about the man in admiration.

"Yup, he's a nimble old coot, that's for sure." I grumbled. We proceed to clean up the room and go our separate ways when Izuku said he wanted to train outside to try something different with his quirk. I agree and go up to the roof of the building and look up at the stars. Hearing Izuku's voice I glance over the edge and see him trying to make it up the walls of the two buildings. I decide to leave him be and look over the rest of the city from the top.

"How..." I think out loud to myself. "I need to find out how to control my insanity and figure out a new way to use my quirk but how?" I sigh in frustration when I can't think of anything and sit down with my legs crossed with my hands on my knees. 

For several hours, I sat, closed my eyes and tried to meditate with my quirk in anyway I could. Every attempt I make only ends up in nearly breaking the ceiling's surface little by little and getting a headache bit by bit. 

By the time I opened my eyes, my head was pounding in a disabling intense pain and the ground below me was completely cracked up and debris was everywhere. Not to mention the light lavender and pink sky showed it was already morning. I grabbed my head harshly and pressed my hands and fingers to my temples and messaged other areas of pain around my skull as much as I could. 

Past the violent pounding in my ears, I still heard Izuku's struggles less and less. He must have trained all night like I have and was getting tired.

"I..." I panted, noticing that even speaking was worsening my headache, but I needed Izuku right now. Fighting insanity and the tension of my quirk was becoming too much. "I...Izu..." I took in one big breath and yelled out, "IZUKU!!" My vision flashes white for a split second as a new wave of pain became blinding. I started screaming out in agony.

"Y/- Y/n?!" He calls out. The sound of a short sounding bang a ways off and feet hitting the ground quickly came my way with him screaming my name. It almost made me feel a bit better, especially when I felt his hands grab me by my arms and pull me closer to him. "Y/n! Are you okay?! Y/n???!!" I couldn't answer him, I just gripped his shirt as hard as I could to keep me grounded and not feel like I was falling into a pit of pain. As soon as I started hyperventilating, it all went black.

The next thing I knew, I was laying on my side with my head on something soft and warm. My headache still there, but not as before. It hurt but it was tolerable. A comforting warmth was brushing past my hair carefully. I slowly open my eyes and look up. Izuku looked down at me when I moved. I noticed my head was laying in his lap and his hand was stroking my hair. 

"Oh, thank goodness you're okay. You had me worried there for a minute. But when I realized that you were just unconscious, I let you sleep." He smiles, a small blush spreading across his freckled cheeks. I smiled back and settled my head back down on his lap.

"What happened? How long was I out?" I ask, closing my eyes when he started stroking my hair again.

"Well, when you called out for me, I found you on the roof laying on top of the rubble, screaming in pain. When I got to you, you must have fainted from the pain, so I carried you here. You were asleep for 2 hours. It's a little after 7.am now. How are you feeling?"

I sigh. "I still have a bit of a headache, but it's not as bad anymore. I can take it. How about you?"

"Hm, well, I'm tired, but I did nap a bit with you, so not as much. When you called me, I used One For All in my legs to jump onto the roof and I didn't damage them, so that's a plus."

"Alright you two, time to do some training with your quirks. First off Izuku." Gran Torino yawns as he comes down the stairs. I raise off of Izuku and sit on a chair in the corner of the room. "You better watch closely missy, because when I'm done helping him, you're next." I nod, doing as he says and watch intently.  For a minute, they conversed over Izuku's trick to controlling his quirk , which is the egg in the microwave, I think. It all took a huge turn when Torino taught him how to use One For All throughout his entire body. That's when he created, Full Cowling. When his skin began to glow and red lines appeared on his body then disappeared leaving blue electricity surrounding his being, it all amazed me, seeing such a quirk be used in such a way. 

The old man told him to try and get him this time, and that's what happened. Though it was small, Izuku managed to get a scratch on our mentor. 

"Not bad kid. Not bad at all. With more practice and training, you'll be able to get it down perfectly." He praised Izuku, who's eyes grew wide in admiration and excitement. "All right pop rocks, it's your turn." He grinned, looking to me.

"Pop rocks?" I snear.

"Mh-hm. You were on the roof causing a bunch of little explosions weren't you? It was like big pop rocks were going off while I tried to sleep." 

I got up and stretched. "Oh, yeah, my bad by the way."

"Water under the bridge kid," He points his yellow gloved finger at me. "but next time, you'll be paying me for damages."

"Put it on Toshinori's tab."

He raised an eyebrow and laughed. "I like you already kid." Izuku sat down in the chair I was in and watched in expectation. The retired hero reads through a folder of papers. "Now, for your training, I want to help you use your quirk without lifting a finger, and from what this explains about the down side of your type of quirk, I also want to make some type of outlet for your insanity instead of always running to your little boyfriend. He won't always be there to put you back on your leash."

"You know about that?"

He shrugged. "Got your records Recovery Girl and Eraser Head. Now stay focused! Explain to me how you use your quirk."

I exhaled in thought, looking to the ceiling with my hands on my hips. "Well, I don't really think about it. It comes to me like second nature in all honesty. I can control the pressure in the air and manipulate it into any shape I need. In an intense situation, I find I usually spread pressure throughout my body, but I really only keep it in, and it's sometimes internally damaging when I go on for too long."

"That's good in a way, cause at least you know how to spread it throughout your body, and you can perfectly manipulate it from- I'm guessing years of experience, so you're halfway there. Though, I want to help you try the first thing I said. Usually, with Physical quirks like yours and young Midoriya's, it'll sometimes feel like shivers running your body. Like goose bumps when your cold or exhilarated. It starts from the back of your neck and down your spine, then outward throughout your body."

"So you want me to use my quirk like how I feel when I shiver or something?"

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. More technically, I want you to treat your quirk as if it has a direct connection to your nervous system. It'll start in the brain and work it's way out naturally the more you keep practicing, then soon, you won't even need to think about it. When it comes to the insanity part of the mind, you could use that wave of energy to, 'wash it out' in a way, and clear your head more. I don't know how much it can bring it out of you, but I think it'll be enough for you to find Izuku, if it ever becomes that bad. So go on, give it a whirl."

I take in a deep breath and close my eyes.