Part 38

About 10 minutes has passed when I began. I tried 8 times, and all those times, I created several 'pop rock' explosions like I did on the roof. He immediately stopped me, out of fear of me destroying his home. After he told me to change into my hero suit, the three of us got into a cab and traveled to an abandoned parking garage of an old run down bank building near the outskirts of the town with little to no buildings for at least a mile or two. 

"Now, you will train here so you can't break anything of mine." 

Izuku glances around in worry. "Isn't this some type of private property? What happens if we get caught here?"

"What the law doesn't know won't hurt them kid, so calm down. It's all abandoned here anyways." He looks to me. "Now come back to my place when you got it figured out girly. Midoriya, you're comin with me. I want to help you perfect that move." He walks to leave, but stops and looks back just like before. "Oh and if you don't learn how to use that new move, don't bother coming back at all." I stopped and huff in annoyance, seeing the seriousness in his eyes.

"W-What!?" Izuku yelled looking at him with wide, confused eyes. "Y-You can't d-do that! You need to be here t-to train her!" 

"I don't need to do a damn thing if she can't even do what I've already taught her. If she can learn this, then she can come back and I'll teach her more, so for now, I'm heading back home."

"Wait! You can't just leave me here!" I call. "All Might wants me to be around a hero if I'm not at home or on campus!"

He just kept walking. "I'm your mentor, not your baby sitter kid! You'll be fine! Besides, he's not here anyways."

Izuku was staring at him in disbelief then glanced back at me. He came up and took my hand in his. "It's okay. I'll stay here to protect you. I'll even help you with your quirk-"

"No you won't! Didn't you here me?" The old man glared back. "You're coming with me! I want to have breakfast and then we need to help you with your quirk more! So get over here!"

Izuku gritted his teeth, ready to say something back until I yanked on his hand. He looked to me with worried eyes. "Hey, I'll be fine." I smiled weakly, squeezing his hand. "I can take care of myself. Besides, the house isn't that far away either. Don't worry about me. I'll figure it out and I'll be back in no time, watch!" My smile brightened up with a new found hope. His eyes watched my features before he exhaled shakily and nodded.

"Okay...just, be on high alert, okay? This is a huge open place, anyone can see you. If anything happens, call me and I'll be over here in a second, got it?"

I snickered a bit, making him blush. "Yes sir, now you go on, I got some training to do." He pulled me into a tight hug as I nuzzled my nose into his shoulder inhaling his scent enough for me to remember him by. I smelled normal body wash, light musk, and cinnamon. He kissed my head and let go when Torino called out for him again. With one last glance back, the two heros got into the cab once more, and drove off. I sighed and began the most frustrating training of my life so far. 

For hours, I'd use my quirk and break several floors and cement beams I was around. My insanity was getting to me and it wasn't helping that it was already dark in the dead of night. The large space amplified echos of anything around me. I would hear the echo of dripping water, scurrying little creatures, dry dead leaves scrapping across the ground off a tree, and the wind blowing strong through the car ramps. The night lights in the parking garage turned on as soon as the street lights did. Other than those sources of light, I couldn't see anything outside of this garage. Then I started to hear other noises that I didn't recognize. The training made my body feel stressed and cold from the heightened pressure I put on myself. After a while, the insanity was starting to touch the surface.

 I began to breathe heavily and yank at my hair harshly while laughing loudly. Then I couldn't concentrate on training anymore, and I started prancing around in a haze. I was fighting with myself, contemplating running back to the city and murdering the first person I see, until I ran into something cold and hard, making me stumble back. When I look up, it was a cement beam. I calmly placed my hand on it, and in a slit second, I forced pressure into it and exploded it into many pieces. When a piece of cement hit my eye, I screamed out in anger and pain, and closed my eyes. I waved my hands out and felt an immense wave wash out from all around me. I look again and see the light blue wave of destruction rolling through the cement like soft snow. Beams snapped, letting the ground break and crumble to the floors beneath me. I ran out the side of the building and jumped out of the chaos of collapsing rubble and jumped onto a pressure platform before gleefully hopping onto the ground. 

Electrical systems soon caught up with the mayhem and exploded, blasting rubble up into the air. I giggled out in delight, spinning and swinging my arms around, prancing through the falling rocks as the place set fire to whatever else was in the now former garage. The flaming debris falling from the sky, mixed with beautiful stars, was enough to make me feel complete at this moment. That was until I was proven wrong. 

My phone dinged for the first time all day. When I was a good distance away from everything, I got it out and squealed when I saw Izuku's name pop up on my phone. He sent a video message. 

I open it and smile when it shows a recording of him in the bathroom of Torino's place, squatting in the shower behind the curtain in his sweating work out clothes looking somewhere in nervousness then quickly back to the phone.

He whispers very lightly so I turn it up all the way for me to hear normally. "Hey Y/n, I'm sorry I haven't contacted you all day, Gran Torino has been training with me this whole time, non-stop. I have to train with him for one more hour, then I'm off to bed. I'm only hiding and whispering because he doesn't want me talking to you in anyway until you figure out how to use the new move, so I excused myself to the bathroom for a moment so I don't have much time." He takes in one deep breath and looks to the camera with caring eyes. It feels like he sees me, almost. "I just wanted to say I-I love you." He blushes. "I know you can take care of yourself, so you're safe, and you will figure out your new move. I know you will. You can prove him wrong for treating you like that. You always do when someone thinks less of you. And that's why, I fell in love with you in the first place." I hear the old man's voice call out for him in agitation in the background. Izuku sweats. "Well, that's my que. Good luck y/n, I believe in you, and I'll see you later." When the recording stopped, I noticed my heart was racing fast over his words and faith in me. My sanity came back a little quicker this time as well. 

I put away my phone and started the walk back to the city. I would walk, jog, then run, considering it as my endurance training until I feel I could attempt to practice doing that other move again. By the time I got on the same block as the two were, it was 1 in the morning. 

"He said I couldn't go back to his place.....but the building across the street is not his place....so I'll sleep there...." I grumbled and rubbed my face in exhaustion from the lack of sleep. "......The Bastard....." When I got to the building, I made my way to it's roof and looked across the street. Torino's lights were out and it was quiet, just like everything else on this street. I tried to concentrate back onto training, but I didn't want to cause damage to this building too, and I was too tired to do a thing, so I fell back on my butt, onto my back and stared up at the stars, thinking of Izuku, until I fell asleep.