Part 42

I was woken up by some people yelling angrily. I groaned in annoyance when I tried to open my eyes and was nearly blinded by bright white lights above me.

"Oh, she's waking up."

"Yeah, no thanks to you loud mouths."

"Shut it old man."

"Why don't you all just shut up?"

I huff as I listen to the endless bickering and get up. When I sit up, I finally see more clearly, and notice Izuku, Shoto, and Iida in front of my bed in hospital gowns, facing all their mentors and the Chief of Police.

"What's going on?" I yawn and stretched until I winced in pain from my shoulders.

"Be careful," Gran Torino walks up and looks at a clipboard at the end of my bed. "You have strained your shoulder sockets and shoulder blades. You even have seveer damage to both your hands, they were cut pretty deep, so it's gonna leave a big scar over time."

I hummed as I looked down at my hands. They were completely bandaged all the way up to my elbows. I look down inside my own gown and see my upper chest and shoulders are bandaged with ice packs all inside them.

"It must have been when you saved mine and Todoroki's lives." Izuku reminded.

"Yes, I forgot to thank you for that. If you hadn't shown up, we would have died in that split second." Todoroki nodded and bowed slightly towards me. I wave him off with a small smile.

"My pleasure."

"Well, now that she's awake, and we're on the topic of how you all got those injuries-"

"Oh clam it detective. I'll tell her, you don't need to be so poetic when explaining it." Torino growled. I huffed and stood next to the other three.

"What is it now?" I ask.

"Well, since it's a crime for hero students to fight villains without a permit, you all wouldn't get in trouble, but us mentors will."

"Uh-huh." I wave him on.

"But the detective is being nice enough to pardon us from punishment, if you all keep quiet about defeating Stain, and letting Endeavor take the credit for taking him down......."

I waited for him to continue, but that was all he said.

"......Oh...is that it?" I asked.

"Yeah."

.

.

.

.

.

"So you're telling me, you made all this ruckus and woke me up...for recognition?" I said lowly, my anger showing towards the three at my side.

They looked around in nervousness as they tried to make up excuses. "N-no, w-well-" I raise my hand to shut them up, and they stiffen with shut mouths, trembling. When I turn towards the adults in the room, I bow deeply to the Chief of Police.

"We are sorry for the trouble we caused to the police department and our mentors, and are thankful for your pardon, sir." After a few seconds, I look up and send a death glare to the other three, who jolt and quickly bow down to my height.

"We are sorry for the trouble we caused to the police department and our mentors, and are thankful for your pardon, sir!" They said in unison.

The Chief huffed. "Yeah, no problem. Just make sure it doesn't happen again, and stick to your mentor's sides, you hear?"