Chapter 51: Real Life Nightmare

Hiccup's P.O.V.

Oh no no no no no. I didn't even think it's possible. To feel happy, mad, betrayed, sad, worried, POSSIBLY EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME. It was all too much!

My mum is with me, inside this filthy cage. Our hands and feet were both tied up. When Merida and I were caught, Merida blacked out, it should have been me, chances of escaping were high if Merida was in a good condition, it was only Flynn and the odd guy whom I not know, but is very creepy.

Merida could have taken them both, my mum and I could have been eating dinner by now, happily. My mom have the same hair color as mine, same eyes, though we have different face shape, hers is a heart like shape, with a cute pointy chin, and a little button nose. Yes, my mum is beautiful. But you can see that she had been suffering. No, she was not thin as if she hasn't been properly fed, actually she is. And I give Punzie that. But she's suffering from sleepless nights I suppose. Probably, but I am most definitely sure, from worrying about me and father.

The moments of reunion were actually over, mum were crying for the whole night, never letting me go once we had set a foot to this filthy cage. Told me how she missed me horribly, and did the same. Catched her up with a few details on how my life was going since we had nothing and possibly can't do anything.

I know a normal kid whom was abandoned by her mother would instead scream at her, or make her feel worse, but she's feeling worse now, I'm no devil to add more burden. Instead of asking why she left, I figure that would have to wait.

It was years when she was held captive here. As she told me, I had cursed Punzie in any way possible for doing this, but this wasn't the only thing I found disturbing.

"Hiccup, my dear. Rapunzel.... forgive her.... she do not mean harm..." my mum calmly says, and it's so soft I feel like it's a whisper.

"Mum. It was years when I asked for her help for me to find you! And- and... mum.... you were...... here! You're no criminal! No human being deserves to be here! In this f*ckin filthy cage!" I almost shouted, tears were uncontrollable so they set off from my eyes. My mum's soft hands cupped my cheeks and wiped those rebellious water form that came from my stupid eyes.

"I know... it's... unimaginable for someone to do this. But I tell you, my son. It is not Rapunzel to be blamed. There are other things in this world that are unexplainable. Or maybe were meant to be undefined. But that doesn't mean it is not possible." Again her voice as calm as it is. Almost soothes me, anger fading away, but not completely. I can't understand her. What does she mean by unexplainable things? Not possible? What?

She notices the confused expressiin of my face and then smiled. She leaned in and whispered, "I'll tell you. But not here. He's watching."

Who's watching? What? There's some sort of camera attatched to the walls or to this cage? Are we in some sort of reality show?!

I was about to ask my mum questions when we heard the door opened. My mum placed her point finger at my lips, as a signal for me to shut up. Did I forgot to tell that the whole cage was covered with this big giant black cloth?

"Hiccup! Are you here?" A voice whispered which is so familiar that almost made my heart flutter. Merida.

"Mer! We're right here!" I said in a most quiet voice I can produce in a midst of happiness. She found us, finally. I knew she could make it. But she could've left. Escaped. For her own sake.

"Oh thank gods and their mercy I found you!" She cries, she pulled the cloth up in order for her to see us, her tears peeking from her eyes. Sh*t traces of dried up blood can be seen in her forehead. I should have never dragged her into this. Even though she is quite a help, but she's hurt because of me. Because I can't even take care of myself.

"Why are you still here? You could've left, Mer!" She tiptoed towards us, I reached her face and traced the blood on her forehead with my thumb. "I could get us outta here. I promise. Did you know where they hid the keys?" She said. I can see on the look of her face she's terrified. For the first time. She actually flinced when she held the bars, but ignored the feeling. Though she avoids making contact with the cage. And keeping her eyes to me. She then switched her attention yo my mother, "Hi, Mrs. Haddock! I'm Merida, we'll be outta here in no time." As a sudden smile, spread across her face. I knew it was nowhere happy. She was faking. Typical Mer, showing strength in whatever situation she might be in.

My mum returned the smile, and as Merida released the cloth that she was holding up at the top of her head, the light vanished and so is she. Suddenly, I felt the air getting thin. I was catching my breathe, I clustered my fingers to my chest, desperately catching some air. But I am trying to look normal. I can not be a distraction, we are escaping and I won't be a burden to this task.

I can hear Mer as she search for the keys, cabinets opening and closing, and as she curses along in panic and in a rush. Come on, Haddock. Don't be useless and a load for now.

I can feel my surroundings enclosing, and it was too confining. Beads of sweat fell down to my forehead and they are frickin' cold. I felt my mum held my hand, and bullocks. She felt I'm as ice.

"Dear, are you okay? We'll be able to get out. I promise. Don't be scared, okay? We'll finally be together. As a family..." as she put her other hand on top of mine. It's calming because it should do the trick, but still. I wasn't claustrophobic.. why am I like this??

I felt a hand, wrapped around my neck. And another, laying on my right shoulder. And they are d*mn cold. Sh*t sh*t sh*t!! Who's pair of hand is this?!?!?

1, 2, 3, 4.... yes... I believe my mum is not an alien or a four arm creature. So what is happening?!?!?

Shivers crawl up to my spine. I was paralyzed. I was going to shout and cry for help, to tell my mum we were not the only one here. But no voice came out.

"You really think, ya'll be able to get home? Together? As a whole family?" A cruel icy voice whispered. I was tapping my mum's hand, but I can't feel it anymore. I can't feel anything... only fear.

"4 down... 1 to go."

Then it was all black.

---

2 updates in one day?? HAHAHAHA a miracle it is. Though both are kind of short, but an achievement for me! Yay me! HAHAHAHAHAHA

CUPCAKE: HI GUYS! I KNOW EVERYTHING IS GETTING WEIRD ABT THIS STORY.. TRUST ME, I AM STRANGLING THIS WOMAN. LIKE IT WAS YEARS BACK THEN WHEN THIS STORY WAS ALL ABOUT ROMANCE AND STUFF AND THEN IT BECOMES INTENSE LIKE WTH!!

Seriously, Cupcake? Give me a break!! I brought you back to life!! U should thank me!!

CUPCAKE: UMMM.. NO!! *INHALES AND EXHALES....... ICING EVEPORATING...SMOKINGGG*** OKAY... SORRY FOR THAT, FOR THE READERS!! I HOPE YA'LL APPRECIATE THIS PIECE OF SH*T!!!

Hey!!! *FEW SECONDS TIL SQUEEZING DA LIFE OUTTA THIS CUPCAKE**

CUPCAKE: BYEEEEE!!