Chapter 57: No take backsies

Elsa's P.O.V.

The utvalgt?

I was awaken from my dream by a sudden movement that shook my head. I opened my eyes and rubbed my sleep off.

After school, and that weird experience with the new professor, I went to the hospital to look after Jack, he was still unconscious, and it has been seven days now since the accident. I never got any updates from anyone yet, since I wasn't really myself for the past few days. All I can think about is him.

I was sitting in a chair and leaned on the bed, I raised my head, looking for the source of the movement. It's Jack.

He's awake.

Tears rolled down on my cheeks as soon as I processed the whole thing. He was finally awake.

I slowly reached for his face and cupped his right cheek to make sure that its real. My heart was beating so fast and feeling as heavy as ever as I continue to cry. He leans to my palm and I finally bursted in waterfall tears. My other hand found its way to his. I couldn't speak. I wanted to say sorry, I wanted to tell him how I love him, I wanted to scold him for being so reckless, for going so freaking fast, I wanted to hug him but I don't want to crush him obviously.

His lips formed to a smile, a sight that I almost forgot. My heart quickly warmed and lighten with the sight of it. My chest was so close to exploding as I have been wanting to tell him a lot of things that I want him to know. I mustered up all of the courage that I have left, the only thing that I could say was,

"I'm sorry," My voice cracked, my lips was twitching, I don't know what to do next because I'm-

"Elsa?"

That voice. Oh heavens I miss that so much.

"Y-yeah?" I was still crying and holding him. I couldn't move.

"Don't cry. I'm right here." His soft voice again both warmed and made my heart heavy. I guess I was having a lots of emotions waiting to burst out of me that I don't really know what move I'll do next. All I know is that I don't want him to leave my sight. I want to see his eyes open, his lips smiling.

Suddenly a switch flipped inside me and I was really mad. I moved my hands back to myself and I bursted. "I'M RIGHT HERE?! REALLY?! WELL YOU ALMOST WASN'T RIGHT HERE BECAUSE YOU WERE SO RECKLESS AND I- I- .... AHHHH I HATE YOU! YOU KNOW WHAT? ONCE YOUR PARENTS GET HERE? I'LL TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE SO IRRESPONSIBLE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T DRIVE ANYMORE!!"

I can feel my face burning from anger, barely keeping myself from creating a disaster inside this hospital room. I can feel my power waiting for its moment to-

"I love you, Elsa."

I felt my heart sank, deeper than the Mariana Trench. My anger vanished and I was crying again. I moved closer to him and cupped his face, my lips met his and I felt different, a feeling that have long been lost, I felt at home. All of my worries, my thoughts, and my problems disappeared in an instant.  I can feel his love, our longing for one another.

I pulled away and rested my forehead in his, feeling him. I never felt cold from him, but they say he is, yet this was warmth for me.

"I didn't know what happened to me, though I have a hint that it's bad with the cast on my legs, but... I'm sorry, Ellie. Besides, I don't even care what happened. I'm glad it did. You're here now." He chuckled and then held both of my hands that was cupping his face, and brought them to his lips and kissed it. "Please don't leave me again," He mutters.

I was obviously breaking inside, realizing that I had been so selfish. He deserves the truth. He deserves to know why I left him out of a blue. I could have done something and fought for him because I love him too.