Chapter 29

I walked through the impeccably decorated office space. It's combined with modern amenities and technology with unique design. It sets colorful Art Deco aesthetic against historical Parisian architecture. The interior designer told me that this building itself is old and go way back. It features granite and marbled floors and walls, a grand staircase, and an atrium with a high ceiling. 

While the grandeur of the building is anything but understated, the juxtaposition of bright colors and more contemporary features adds a playful feel to the space. I want my people to be inspired by the creativity, and gray cubicles with no windows wouldn't.

I roamed around the space and looked at all the desks, sits at all the leather sectional sofa, lounge chairs, and even poufs provide members with a flexibility. I also tried lounging in the space's pantry, from bar style seating under a brassy canopy to copper pendant lighting against jewel-toned blue and green tiles, the eateries are reminiscent of a classic French brasserie.

Over all, with the mashup of textures, prints, and natural materials, makes for quite the unique office space.

I sat on my crescent swivel chair and smiled widely looking at the many boxes on the side. The suppliers delivered all our products a while ago. We are just waiting for our store to be finished so we can stock all of our products on the shelves and put all those extras on the stock room.

The online store is also on standby. Isasabay namin iyon sa opening and everything is all set. Nakapag-hire na rin kami ng mga tao sa store at sa opisina. We will start meeting them tomorrow and then the training will start. Lisa will supervise the training but I will keep an eye on everything.

"Look at this."

Lisa came in holding so many things on her hand. Inilapag niya sa aking lamesa ang lahat ng iyon at ipinakita isa-isa.

Business cards, posters, paper bags, etc. Tinignan ko iyon isa-isa at pinagmasdan. I love the logo and the brand name I'm seeing. Bagay na bagay ang teal color sa cream, it's a perfect combination.

Kinuhanan ko ng litrato ang makalat na lamesa pati na rin ang iba sa mga produkto namin and I sent it on Eligible Heiress group chat. They are also very excited for me at gusto rin nila na magpadala ako sa Pilipinas but I just sent a thumbs down icon. Inaasar ko sila at sinabing magpunta sila rito para bumili. I know how much they want to go here to support the opening of my store, but I understand how busy Ace is at ang maselan na pagbubuntis ni Ate.

I created a new email address just to contact them. I still don't have the strength to open my old email and other accounts. Saka nalang kapag kaya ko na ang distractions. Hindi ko pa maiiwan ito and it needs my full attention. Nandito na ako, ngayon pa ba ako susuko kung kalian abot kamay na?

For days, weeks, and months, I get to be a boss. The office gets busier and busier as the day of the opening comes closer. Our staffing plan went perfect and I don't see any overstaffing or what. Lisa is very good at directing people, madami rin akong natututunan sa kanya.

It's really nice to be the boss but it isn't easy. Gaya nga ng sabi ni Kuya Caius, there is a lot of responsibilities to uphold and accountability to the people around you. You just need to have a strong leadership skill, decision-making skill and learn to communicate well with others.

Christmas is in the air, so no work until after Christmas. Hinihintay ko lang ang video call nila Ate sa akin habang nire-review ko ang ilang bagay para sa opening. Ilang oras pa rito pero ilang minuto nalang ay pasko na sa Pilipinas.

Nang marinig ko na tumunog ang aking phone ay mabilis ko iyong sinagot at nagkulong sa aking kuwarto.

"Merry Christmas!!" Bungad nilang lahat sa akin.