Chapter 50

"Really cool, huh?" I said while swatching a lipstick on my left arm.

I'm messing in the kitchen on the breakfast island while video calling Lisa. I'm showing her the lipsticks that I got from the lab and all the shades that I chose.

"Love the shades. Bagay lahat sa'yo, nakakainggit ang ganda mo. When is the photoshoot?"

I haven't scheduled anything yet because I am still thinking of when I want it to be released. Mas gusto ko kasi na unahin ang pag-open ng pop up stores nationwide. Na-busy din ako sa engagement party namin ni Dex which will happen a week from now.

"Look at this." Inilapit ko sa camera ang lipstick to show her the tube.

It's really cool and I love it. The pearl white tube that has a gold detailing is very grandeur. At the bottom front part of it is my name, and on top of the tube is the logo of Flâner. It is very well designed and I want to applaud myself for this successful creation.

"Your ring is distracting." Natatawa niyang sabi.

"Aahhh!!"

Sigaw ko nang biglang may yumakap at tumakip sa aking mga mata.

"Devereaux? Love?"

"God, I was holding my breath." He kissed me on top of my head. "Thought you're going to slip and not say my name." Inilapit niya ang stool banda sa akin and he sat on it sabay salute kay Lisa then back at me again while his other hand lingered on the other side of my hip.

I gave him a 'What the heck!' look. Who else's name did he expect me to say? I didn't see him but I know his smell very well. I can't mistake him for someone else, especially the way he touched and hold me.

"Okay, lovebirds. I'm out. Thanks for the invite on your engagement party, though I can't attend. But, I'll be on your wedding day. Love you!"

"Allez, ciao!" Paalam ko sabay end ng video call.

Inaayos ko ng kaunti ang mga gamit saka ipinakita sa kanya ang aking suot na singsing. "Why princess cut diamond?"

Kumunot ng bahagya ang kanyang noo pero bigla rin na ngumiti. "Queen cut diamond to be followed."

I pushed his shoulder in irritation.

"Ate?"

Ace walked in the kitchen holding her car key. She will go to Hidalgo's residence to play with our nephew. Ayaw naman kasi niya akong paglaruan siya gamit ang aking bagong lipstick, she'd rather go play with kids.

She kissed me on the cheek and waved at Dex before leaving. Pinakita ko pa sa kanya ang isang lipstick bago siya makaalis pero inilingan niya lang ako at mabilis na naglakad palayo.

"Bye. Thanks again, Ace." Sigaw ni Dex at pagkatapos ay kinuha niya ang isang lipstick sa counter. "Do you need a model?" He asked puckering his lips.

I laughed swatting his lips gently. "These lipsticks are smudge proof."

It has a lightweight finish that you'd forget that you have a lipstick on. It has remarkable staying power with sleek packaging. All 8 lipsticks are on the same grandeur box.

"Smudge proof... Is that what I hear others are saying? Kiss proof?" He asked as I arrange the lipsticks in the box.

"A foolproof every woman loves."

"And their man." He added. "Why don't we test that out?"

Since I'm a bit competitive with my products, I accepted his challenge. Of course I need to defend my work and prove it.