~Chapter 22~

"Huh—?! Todoroki, why're you here?" Kirishima speed-walked to his peer, hoping the receptionist wouldn't scold him for disruptive behavior.
       "I could ask the same."
"I couldn't just...well sit around. It's just like—"
       "I understand it's the same for me."
Kirishima slightly nodded his head, "I'm going to visit everyone, I think Yaomomo's up if you'd like to go."
"I'll follow you."
As the duo walked down the tiled hallways, a tense atmosphere bubbled around them. The usually outgoing redhead fidgeted besides Todoroki. He switched between playing with the buttons on his flannel and bag's strap. Ahead, the shiny metallic doors of elevators were seen; prompting Kirishima to press the up button.
      "—was it quick?"
      "Pardon?" Todoroki quickly side-eyed Kirishima, the red-head shifted his weight between his feet as he gathered his words.
      "(Name), was it quick and painless? The kidnapping, I mean."
         Memories flashed through Todoroki's mind, he eyes glazed over as he recalled the moments prior to the actual kidnapping. He remembered Moonfish driving a jagged tooth into (Name)'s abdomen. He himself...ignoring her at her worst.
Todoroki murmured a quick, "No," He entered the elevator as it hissed open, "She was injured, and...and—" Todoroki clenched his eyes shut as he stuttered out the next few words, "she was scared, petrified."
Kirishima gulped as he robotically maneuvered himself out of the elevator. "T-thanks for not holding back on the truth..."
      "It would be useless to sugarcoat it."
        The duo walked to the room Yaoyorozu currently resided in. As they neared, the booming voice of All Might could be heard.
      "Young Yaoyorozu! I am happy you're awake!" The number one hero flashed a smile, "I apologize for this, but we must ask you some questions."
        "Pardon Sir, if I may intervene..."
        "Of course!"
       Kirishima motioned  Todoroki to slide behind the door. He did so, and the pair both stuck their heads into the crack of the door. The two sets of eyes stared down the pro and the student. After a tentatively biting her glossy lips, Yaoyorozu spoke.
      "With the help of my quirk, and Awase from class 1-B, we were able to implant a tracking device on one of the villains."
      In unison, Todoroki and Kirishima had a lightbulb appear above their heads. Tomorrow they would find Bakugou and (Name).

╭      ╮
✫彡 ₪⏳₪ ミ✭
╰       ╯

The moon tauntingly shone into the dimly lit room. It illuminated the thick bars that blocked the sliver of freedom provided. (Name) hunched into herself. She clenched her eyes shut believing she was just watching some movie. However each movement she made allowed the springs of a dirty mattress to dig into her skin, reminding her once again of where she was.
"I'm okay, I'm okay—"
Opposite to (Name), Bakugou was seated. His ever-present scowl seemed to worsen at her repetitive muttering. He raised his left hand up, and activated his quirk. Small sparks were released, startling (Name). She flinched, which knocked her off of the mattress.
"H-hey—" The fake blonde hissed in pain. She held her injured side, wishing it would somewhat ease the pain.
"Shut up. Can't you heal yourself, dipshit?"
"Yes, and no. I...still have real organs, and Moonfish just-so happened to h-hit me there."
"You're real lucky! You're a shitty villain if you can get taken and fucking whine about it."
"I'm not a villain..." (Name) murmured, "And I'm not exactly used to being taken hostage!"
"No fucking shit! It's sad that pros think an extra like you can do evil shit!" His last sentence reverberated around the cell. It was as if a record scratched; (Name)'s eyes widened.
"Thank you, Bakugou."

Published- December 29, 2018