Chapter 40 ✝

"We just lost everything. Didn't we?"

*HYE JIN'S POV*

"No hye jin. She said something about taehyung, we can figure it out." Jin exclaimed.

"We can not, she just said taehyung's. What the fuck can we figure out from that?" i blurted out.

"Calm down hye jin. Let's go back for now." Taehyung said.

"Y'all go home. I need to figure something out." jin said and left before us.

We came back home and jimin greeted us happily, i couldn't fake a smile now, i was too hurt to be able to do that.

It felt like I've seen my mom die all over again. The memories were fresh again. And i couldn't help but remember my mom's lifeless body on the cold floor.

She must've been scared right? When she saw her own sister trying to kill her? She must've tried to call me right? She must've screamed, cried, begged.

She must've been so alone, wishing there was someone to save her. Wishing i was there. I have failed as a daughter, i couldn't save my mom's life.

I closed the door to my room and leaned against it. I let out a heavy breath as i slid down against the door and started crying even more, i miss mom so much.

"Hye jin. Please open the door." I heard taehyung's voice from outside.

"I prefer to be alone at the moment taehyung. Please leave." i couldn't control my sobs.

I heard some noises as if he was sitting down or leaning against the door. Then he spoke again. "I'm sitting here, just outside the door, and I'm not leaving you alone."

I kept crying and taehyung would say "I'm still here" every 5 minutes.

After about twenty five minutes of us both sitting on the alternate sides of the door. And when taehyung said "I'm still here jinnie." for the last time, i got up and opened the door.

Of course taehyung didn't expect i would open it so abruptly and he fell directly inside my room. But to pretend he was very cool, he just kept his hand under his head and smiled as if he landed in my room intentionally.

 But to pretend he was very cool, he just kept his hand under his head and smiled as if he landed in my room intentionally

"You're such a dork." i said as i wiped my tears off. He stood up immediately and hugged me. He hugged me very tight, and i felt so safe in his arms.

I felt protected, like no one could hurt me if he has his arms around me. I smiled as i buried my face in his chest.

"Are you cleaning your nose on my shirt?" he asked and i slapped his chest jokingly.

"Just kidding." he said as he hugged me again. "But really, dont rub your nose on my shirt, it's watery."

This time i actually hit him hard and went back to sit on my bed.

"Tae" i called him as he came and sat down beside me.

"hmm?" he replied.

"Why did you stay?"

"What?"

"Why did you stay outside the door for thirty minutes, even when you knew i wouldn't let you in. Why didn't you just go and came back later?" i asked.

"Jinnie, you were hurt and knowing that someone is beside you when you're hurt, helps. Especially when it's someone as handsome as me." he winked and i scoffed.

"And just to let you know, I'm never ever leaving you alone. I'll always be there, with you." he said.

I looked at him and smiled, he smiled back and we both leaned in for a kiss.

"Wait is this allowed?" i asked just when we were almost about to kiss.

"Well you're eighteen so i guess?" he asked and then kissed me giving me no time to respond.

"I wasn't talking about my age. I was talking about... whatever is between us, are we allowed to kiss before...we understand what we are?" i said after he pulled away.

"We are a couple. You're my girlfriend." he said as he walked towards the fridge.

I followed him. "Wait when did that happen? I dont remember agreeing on anything of that sort?"

"But i remember you saying that you loved me?" taehyung said as he took a sip of his juice.

"Yeah but you never asked me to be your girlfriend?"

"I dont have to because you're already mine." he said and pulled me into another hug.

Taehyung was about to say something but he got a call.

"It's jin" he said as he received the call.

"Yes jin?" he said and waited for jin to respond.

"I dont think i do! But do you really think she wanted to tell us that?" he asked and i think they're talking about yo jung.

"Ah, okay you come back home and we shall try to think of something." he said as he disconnected the call and looked at me.

"What is it?" i asked.

"Jin thinks yo jung was referring to my old house. Where i used to stay before your dad bought me home but because all of my memories were erased i don't know where that place is." he finished.

"You remember partially right? I mean you've seen your mom in that house a couple of times in your dreams. And then in the recent dream you even saw your whole family together." i stated.

"Yes hye jin. I know how that house looks like but i don't know where it is."

"We'll figure it out, don't worry."

After a few minutes of silence, i realised something important.

"TAEHYUNG! Jin said he was with you after your mom passed away, so he must know the house then?"

"Right!! He must know and i think that is why he was the one who could think of my house. But why isn't he here yet?" taehyung said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Jin? Where are you?" he asked on the phone as soon as jin picked up.

"Jin?"

Taehyung looked at me in horror, as he kept his phone aside.

"What? What happened?" i asked him worried.

"Jin's in trouble."