Chapter 43 ✝

"Jimin, hang in there"

*HYE JIN'S POV*

"We have 55 minutes to figure this out. Try hard jin, you have to. We have to save jimin." chaerin pressured jin.

We were out of yoongi's house, trying to figure out where we could find hyewon so that we could surrender.

"It... It was... It was near the.." jin trailed off.

Chaerin banged her head on the roof of the car. She mumbled something along the lines of "didnt even tell him yet" but i was too caught up to ask her what she said.

"I think i know." taehyung said and all of us looked at him in surprise.

"You do?" i asked him and he nodded.

"Come on, get in the car, hurry up." he said and he sat on the driver's seat with all of us following behind.

"42 minutes" chaerin mumbled and we all heard.

I felt cold sweat dripping down my forehead. What was going to happen now? Is this our end? Can we not save jimin? Can we not remove the spell from yoongi and jungkook? Can we not save our fathers now? Do we die like this?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when i felt taehyung's hand on mine, he squeezed it gently to reassure me. I nodded.

Taehyung was speeding towards the location. I failed to figure out both, where we were going and how he knew the place but trusted him anyway.

Taehyung kept driving and we all panicked as time went on and on.

"Taehyung are you sure we're on the right path?" jin asked and taehyung hesitantly nodded.

"Taehyung, we only have 30 more minutes, half of the time is over. Please hurry." chaerin spoke, worried. 

"I'm trying." taehyung whispered which was audible only to me.

"25 minutes taehyung" jin spoke.

And just then taehyung harshly stopped the car.

"It's here. It's somewhere around here" he spoke, i could clearly see droplets of sweat on his forehead.

I looked around the place and all i could see was ground. Plain, empty, barren ground, With dried leaves all around.

We all got out of the car and looked around, worry, fear and tension visible in all our eyes. We looked around like insane people.

"20 more minutes." hani said.

I gulped hard, what if this is not the right place. Oh god please no.

We kept running here and there, went the farthest we could in search of any hint we could find about hyewon but we seemed to fail, we all seemed to fail.

"10 minutes, only 10 minutes." chaerin spoke as she dropped on the floor, a tear escaped her eyes as she sat there on her knees.

"We cant lose." Taehyung said.

Suddenly, he turned around, as if he got a hint.

"Shh." he said trying to listen to something. I went closer to him and my eyes widened.

Along with the noise of our beating hearts, and chaerin's whimpers i could hear something, a noise, of water.

"The only sign of living people." i mumbled.

"Water." we both said in unison.

We all ran towards the direction of the faint sound of water. I glaced at my watch. There's only seven minutes left.

As we stopped running, we came face to face with a fountain, in front of a huge house.

"That's it." jin exclaimed as all of us ran inside the house.

"She's here, but where?" i questioned breathing heavily.

"Look around guys we dont have time." Hani pointed as we all looked around in different directions, it was a huge house, a MASSIVE house. It was impossible to search it completely in seven minutes.

"Guys we only have 5 more minutes shit." chaerin cried.

"Look around look around" taehyung said more to himself.

My hands started shivering, do something hye jin. Please do something.

"The room your mom was killed in" i said.

"Where is that room?" i asked.

"Upstairs. That's it guys come on" taehyung said and ran towards the staircase.

My phone buzzed, i pulled it out while i continued to run. It was yoongi. Again.

"3 more minutes, you wanna say goodbye to your friend one last time?"

I read that text and resisted the urge to throw my phone away. Jimin will not die, he will not die, i wont let him.

We entered the room, it was empty. There was nothing in the room. I was losing hope, were we really in the right house?

Taehyung screamed in frustration. We were all giving up. Chaerin kept crying and crying as hani held her close to herself.

Jin looked down to his shoes as he sighed, i saw a tear rolling down taehyung's cheek. And felt my eyes were wet too.

We lost. We lost to hyewon.

I dropped to my knees and held my face with both of my hands, sobbing.

Just then someone tapped my shoulder, i lifted my face to see jungkook standing beside me with a smug look.

"Need my help?" he asked smirking.

"Yes!" we all exclaimed and jungkook laughed.

"We dont have time, jungkook. Please help us please." i said as i wiped my tears.

Jungkook smiled as he ran a hand through his hair, styling them. "We still have one minute right? what's the rush?" he smiled again.

I grabbed him by his collar. "Tell me where she is right now before i--"

"Before you kiss me?" he completed, well that was something i wasn't going to say for sure.

Chaerin made her way towards us.
"jungkook, there's only a few seconds left, he will kill jimin, please please tell us." chaerin cried, i felt so bad for her.

Jungkook's eyes soften a bit and he looked away. " Come with me" he said as he walked towards the closet.

"uh, where are you--"

"Come inside." he said.

"Inside the closet?" i wondered and he nodded.

Narnia much?

As we entered the closet, there was a huge wooden door, jungkook motioned towards the door and walked away.

I gulped hard as i watched taehyung push the massive door and reveal the other side.

"Welcome."