Chapter 42 ✝

"It's about yoongi."

*Hye jin's POV*

"It will help us defeat him." chaerin spoke again.

When i heard his name, i thought it was more important to know what chaerin wanted to tell me.

"I'll be there." i said as i hanged up.

"Taehyung, can you go to hani and protect her while i go to chaerin?" i asked and he shook his head.

"Hye jin, chaerin could be possessed, yoongi and hyewon are behind us, it would only be wise if we stayed together." Taehyung explained.

"We're almost at hani's place anyway, let's take her and let's all go together." jin said and we nodded.

We took hani with us and on our way we explained everything to her, it was hard for her to believe but looking at jin's appearance, covered in blood, she had to believe us.

We soon reached the address chaerin sent us. It was a small bungalow which looked like it was abandoned for years now.

We slowly made our way inside and when we stopped, we heard footsteps from behind us. I suddenly turned around to find chaerin standing behind us.

"Chaerin?" i asked and she grabbed my wrist and took me to the corner of the huge living room with all of them following behind us.

She stopped right in front of a table and picked up a photo frame covered in dust.

"What is th-this?" i asked and cleared the mud on the picture with my hand.

I almost dropped the frame when i saw who was in the picture.

"T-this is j-jungkoo-k and yoongi t-together?" my voice broke as i tried to ask her the question

Yoongi and jungkook both looked like they were very young and why were they together in the first place?

Just then, chaerin handed me another picture.

This was jungkook's picture, he looked so small and not even a hint of the evil and the darkness he has now was present in this picture

"Chaerin will you explain? What on earth is the relation between yoongi and jungkook?" jin asked.

"They are brothers." chaerin said and i dropped the photo in my hand.

"What?" we all said in unison.

"Yes. Yoongi and jungkook are own brothers, you wanna know how all of this happened?" chaerin asked and i hesitantly nodded.

To be honest i wasn't sure if i could take it but i had to know, there was no time to be weak now.

"Yoongi and jungkook's parents passed away when they were very young. In fact, jungkook was still a baby. Yoongi took care of his younger brother all the time. He did all he could do, worked 3 jobs day and night and paid for his studies."

I was already so soft listening to this, yoongi was so hard working and sensitive towards his brother, how did he turn into someone so cold? And how tf did jungkook turn into what he is right now?

"Yoongi loved jungkook more than anyone. One day yoongi was taking jungkook back home after his job, it was late at night and they stayed here, in this silent neighborhood. When they were walking back home they heard a noise, a loud thud to be precise. When they turned around to look in the dark alley they saw a man being killed by a woman wearing dark black and purple clothes, her long ass nails buried inside the man's neck and her purple eyes. Yoongi was mature enough to keep quiet and drag jungkook away from there but the 14 year old jungkook couldn't hold himself back and screamed loudly, which caught the attention of that witch."

Tears were rolling down my cheeks at this point.

"That witch was hyewon. Yoongi grabbed jungkook and tried to run away from there but it didn't work, and from that time, hyewon put both the innocent brothers under a spell. After that yoongi became the most important person in hyewon's work, the mastermind. And jungkook, the most powerful of the wizards. We need to kill hyewon in order to remove the spell without harming the boys." chaerin completed.

Just as she finished explaining us their past, my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my jacket only to see a text message from yoongi.

"The countdown begins ;)"

I read it out loud enough for all of them to hear.

"Hani is with us, what is yoongi planning to do now?" i asked trying to think of what yoongi could possibly do now.

"Shit." taehyung muttered.

"What is it taehyung?" i asked.

"Jimin."

In the whole process of protecting hani and meeting chaerin, we completely forgot about jimin. 

I immediately called jimin and he didn't answer, i kept calling him as we made our way out of yoongi's and jungkook's house.

After calling him six times, he picked up the seventh time. "Hello jimin, i need to tell you something, if you see yoongi please s---"

"Stay away from him?" the voice over the other side of the phone said.

I suddenly felt my hands going cold and a twisted feeling in my stomach because the one talking on the phone wasn't jimin, he was

"yoongi?"

"Yeah, yoongi. I didn't know the most special witch in the world would be so dumb, easy to trick. How did you forget about this little boy?" he asked.

"Yoongi. I'll surrender myself, taehyung will do it too, please dont hurt jimin. Please." i begged only to hear him chuckle.

"Aw. I dont think I'm a nice man. I'll probably hurt him. BUT if you surrender yourself within an hour, i might change my mind."

"Yoongi we dont know where hyewon is, one hour is too less to figure it out and go there, you know that." i pleaded.

"Oh trust me i do. I do. But rules are rules. If only you didn't waste time in going to my home and knowing my past, you'd have more time." he pointed.

How did he know we were here?

"If only you obeyed me in the first place." he added.

"Yoongi, we'll do whatever you say but give us some time. We need it."

"59 minutes." he said and hung up on me.

We panicked, we didnt know what to do, the time was too less and we knew if we were late even by a minute, he would hurt jimin.

My phone buzzed again, it was yoongi.

He sent me an image, i felt so guilty when i saw that image.

It was jimin, tied up on a chair, blood pouring out of his mouth.

"Jimin, hang in there."