Chapter 47 ✝

"We lost her"

*NARRATOR'S POV*

*5 MINUTES BEFORE THE BLAST*

"WE DON'T HAVE A MINUTE" Taehyung shouted as he was about to run behind hye jin but jin dragged him out of the house.

"Jungkook!" hye jin said but jungkook didn't turn around to look at her. He continued to look into hyewon's eyes.

Hye jin was right beside jungkook now, "We have to leave the house jungkook" she spoke.

"You don't know her. You know me and you are going to help me get out of this room. You are going to untie me." hyewon spoke as she continued to look deep into jungkook's eyes.

For some reason jungkook was not untying her and only listened to her.

"Jungkook, look at me" hye jin said as she held jungkook and turned him around.

"You are your own person. You have the right to make your own choices, you are the only one who can decide things for yourself. You are no one's slave."

Jungkook frowned. "Why are you here? Why didn't you escape?" he asked in confusion.

"I'm here for you jungkook. I refuse to leave without you, if you mean any good for me, then you'll come with me."

"I can't leave hyewon here. She owns me, i can't betray her."

"No one owns you jungkook! No one! Decide for yourself, do you want to die here? Do you want your life to end here? Did you even live your life? You are the one who is caging yourself, your mind is telling you that you are her slave, but deep inside you know, she doesn't own you, please we dont have time, please come with me jungkook."

Jungkook hesitantly looked at hyewon and then back at hye jin.

"No don't listen to her, i am your owner you remember right?" hye jin could notice a small light passing through hyewon's eyes directly into jungkook's eyes. Jungkook yelped in pain as he held his head with both of his hands.

"You bitch!" hye jin muttered as she took a huge wooden plank and hit hyewon's head with full force.

"NO!" jungkook screamed as he grabbed hye jin's collar, his eyes red with rage. But when hye jin kept her hand on his cheek, his eyes immediately softened.

"For once in your life, think for yourself. Win this battle you've been fighting for years, all you have to do is step out of this room, everything will change."

Jungkook still didn't move an inch, the impact hyewon had on jungkook's mind since he was 14 was very strong. He didn't have the courage to decide for himself, he didn't dare to go against hyewon.

"For yoongi's sake jungkook! You can live a normal life with your brother jungkook, please!!!" hye jin was now crying, she feared death a lot. She didn't want to die. But one thing was clear, she would rather die than live in the regret that she left jungkook in a burning house alone.

Jungkook felt a tear escape his eyes when he saw hye jin trying so hard and risking her own life for jungkook but he still wasn't able to move. His hand was still in hyewon's grip who was now unconscious.

Hye jin grabbed jungkook's hand and held it in her own. "If not for yoongi, come out for me. If you dont go now, we both will die here. Do you want to be the reason for my death?" she said as another tear rolled down her face and there was a blast in the upper floor of the building.

Hye jin didn't flinch. "You heard that? Soon this floor will blast too. We have less than a minute now. It's upto you jungkook." she said as she lowered her gaze.

Hye jin had understood that this was her end. After all the convincing she had done, jungkook didn't move an inch and she figured that he wasn't going to leave.

May be this is a payback for all the times jungkook had helped her, she thought as she closed her eyes and prepared herself for death.

She moved back, letting the fire consume her, tears kept flowing out of her eyes as she thought of taehyung and how she couldn't say her last goodbye.

She thought of her father, hani, chaerin, jimin, jin and everyone. She thought how much pain she was causing to everyone she loved with this decision of hers.

She thought about her mother and how she will be with her in a few minutes, how she was going to leave every person and everything she loved.

The heat was something she couldn't handle, and soon she realised, she was going to turn into ashes herself.

Her thoughts were interrupted when jungkook picked her up bridal style and ran out of the room when there was another blast.

Jungkook's back was caught in fire and he was burning but he didn't pay attention to anything else except getting hye jin out of the house.

The door through which they could exit was completely on fire, there was no way they could come out.

It was too late, hye jin thought. Because there was no way to exit now, everything was already burning down.

Jungkook took a heavy breath and turned around, he walked backwards in full speed so his back would hit the burning door and the door would fall.

And it did, they were now in the living room of taehyung's house. And jungkook did hurt himself very badly trying to open the door.

One more door to escape and they'd be out of this. They'd live. But jungkook was losing energy. He couldnt walk anymore. His body hurt, his back was completely burnt and he couldnt move.

The outer part of the house was on fire too, escaping the last door seemed easy but was not, especially when the fire seemed to increase by the second.

Jungkook dropped hye jin on the floor near the couch and fell down himself. With very less of the journey left to live and equally less energy to carry on.

"HYE JIN!!! HYE JIN!!" hye jin could hear hani screaming from the outside of the house almost painfully.

Hye jin understood that the others were thinking she was already dead, which would soon be reality.

"Hye jin!" taehyung's painful cry could be heard and that was enough for her to decide that she wanted to live.

She wanted to live for taehyung, so she stood up, with the last bit of energy she had in her, she took a wooden plank and threw it at the door so the door would fall down and let the two get out of the house.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he saw the door falling down and hye jin, completely covered in blood and burn marks, dragging jungkook out of the house.

'I did it.'