CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Abdulmalik

I woke up to a nice aroma, my stomach growled, reminding me of how hungry I was. I got out of the bed and got into the bathroom. I had a hot refreshing shower and emerged from the bathroom, with a towel on my waist and a smaller one on my neck. I did my morning routine and made my way to the kitchen.

I found her at the dining area instead, placing a food warmer carefully on the table as if it was going to break. I love how reserved and gentle she is, whenever she speaks, she does so with great volume and thinking. She always knows the right words to say.

Today is exactly 6 months after our wedding. And in those six months, a lot of things have happened, both the beautiful moments and the unpleasant ones. Nobody is perfect after all, but my wife is perfect for me just the way she is. I got to know her to be a very gentle woman but she easily gets angry, believe me, you wouldn't want to make her angry because what would happen afterwards wouldn't be good.

Other than that, she is perfect, just the kind of woman i've been dreaming of. The right mother for my children, a pious woman. I always smile and thank Allah whenever I wake up next to my wife. If I was told some months ago that I would get married to Zainab, I would have laughed like a maniac and disagree with the person. But then, Allah works in so many ways, he makes the impossible possible.

And for that, I'm grateful to him for blessing me with a beautiful woman, in and out, as a wife. She doesn't go back to sleep after subhi prayer, she stays up and say her supplications til six. Then she starts cleaning the house and prepare breakfast. I normally go back to bed by six, I had mostly told her to go back to sleep after saying her supplications but she wouldn't listen, she said she was used to it already as she does that at home, always. I had no choice but to let her be.

The clock ticked 6:40am, I tiptoed and hugged her from behind, sniffing her nice fruity scent that drives me crazy.

"Good morning wifey."

She turned around and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Good morning hubby."

I hugged her, blessing her. It has been a tradition for me now, I always bless her every morning and evening. She deserves it.

"As much as I want this to continue but you are going to be late habibi, have your breakfast please, so you can leave early."

"You are right habibty, besides, we have a conference meeting today. I better hurry."

Done eating, Zainab escorted me to the car, my laptop bag dangling on her shoulder. I kissed her forehead and got into the car but not after receiving heart warming du'as from her, just like she always does.

***

I parked my car in the company's parking lot and went up to my office to relax before the meeting. I dropped my things and made way to Ahmad's office to ask him about the meeting before hand.

He wasn't in his office, so I concluded that he's at the conference hall. He always does that, whenever we have meetings, he goes to the hall and discuss about the issue or topic at hand before the time of the meeting. I went back to my office, picked my laptop and left for the hall.

"I cannot believe Michael could stoop so low, just because he was fired doesn't mean he should sabotage the company by selling our strategies to our enemies." I heard Ahmad say.

He did what? I can't believe this. Michael Anderson was our software engineer, he was the head of the team that designs the car rims. He was caught one day, copying the company's strategy to his hard drive. When he was asked the reason for it, he stuttered, saying that he wants to work with it at home. Something the company never allows, these types of work should be done in the company not at home to avoid mistakes or theft.