Okita Sougo x Reader: Blush

(F/N) was peacefully flipping through a magazine in front of a convenience store when she heard an explosion.

She looked up, half expecting it to be a Joui rebel, or perhaps the Yorozuya doing something stupid, but, in fact, it was a third option: her boyfriend Sougo trying to assassinate his boss again.

"Die, Hijikata," he said in a monotone, firing his bazooka for a second time.

The vice-commander somehow dodged, shouting a string of curses at the other man. (F/N) watched in silence as the event played out, knowing better than to get involved.

As they ran past, Sougo noticed her, dropped the bazooka, and walked over, waving casually as if he hadn't been attempting murder a moment earlier.

"Yo, (F/N)-chan, what're you doing here?"

"I was shopping," she answered, "but it seems all the stores in the area have been blown up."

Sougo slung an arm over her shoulder. "I wonder how that happened."

She fought the urge to push him away, trying not to blush.

"Don't...don't you have someone to kill?" she demanded.

He smirked. "Well, I did, but when you see something cute and kissable, you just kinda have to kiss it, you know?" He bent over and pressed a quick kiss to her lips. "But if you insist..." he bent over to pick up his bazooka, and took off. "Die, Hijikata!"

(F/N) stood frozen. Her futile attempts to keep from blushing had resulted in failure, as she was now bright red.

"D-damn him!" She slapped her cheeks. "How does he always manage to do that to me?"

She and Sougo had been dating for a while, and she still hadn't managed to get used to his touch, and his flirting, but for all the times he'd made her go red, and all the times she'd been affectionate towards him in retaliation, she'd never seen him blush.

She clenched her fists. She had a new mission.

Make Okita Sougo blush.

~o0o~

The first place (F/N) went to ask for help was the Cabaret Bar. She knew several of the girls there, and it made sense to ask them. After all, their job was to flirt with men.

"So, basically," she said, finishing her explanation, "I want you to help me make Sougo-kun blush!"

Otae tilted her head. "Well, I don't know Okita-san very well, but I do know one thing..."

(F/N) leaned forward. "What?"

Otae's gaze hardened into a glare. "All men are pigs!"

~o0o~

(F/N) sat in her living room, ready for a movie date with Sougo. All she needed now was him.

Currently, she was dressed in a crop top and mini skirt, something Otae assured her would get his attention. She'd also been told to hug him when he arrived, and make sure her boobs pressed against his chest. 'It drives men wild!' she said.

The doorbell rang, and (F/N) jumped in her seat. She put her hands on her chest, wishing she could cover up a little bit more. Being like that in front of Sougo would give her a heart attack.

But it will be worth it if I can give him the same treatment he gives me!

She stood up, and opened the door, smiling when she saw Sougo standing outside with his usual bored expression.