Katsura Kotarou x Reader: Flustered

(F/N) should have known better than to go drinking with Gintoki. Really, she should have, but there she was, chugging down her third beer of the night, trying to beat Gintoki, who was already on his fifth.

"Grandma, we need more over here!" Gin shouted as he chugged the last of his drink. Otose shook her head in exasperation, and (F/N) found herself doing the same. She'd known Gin since he'd started the Yorozuya, and in all that time, he hadn't changed one bit.

"Ah..." He let out a sigh as his glass hit the counter. "This is the best...I haven't done this in ages..."

"What're you talkin' about?" Otose asked as she set his new drink down in front of him. "You were here with your long-haired friend just the other night."

"Yeah, but (F/N)-chan's much better company than that guy. Right, (F/N)-chan?"

(F/N) frowned, sliding her finger around the rim of her glass. She considered continuing her futile efforts to keep up with him, but decided against it. Much more, and she wouldn't be able to walk home.

"Speaking of Zura," she muttered, "how's he doing? I haven't seen him at the clinic in a while."

"Really?" Gin asked, taking a large swig of his sixth beer. "I thought he'd've made his move by now."

"Eh? Move? What do you mean by that?"

"I mean he's got a thing for you, obviously."

"Wait, what?"

~o0o~

(F/N) tried not to think about what Gin told her that night. It wouldn't be the first time he'd spouted complete bullshit while drunk, after all. She tried going about business as usual, patching up some Joui rebels, the occasional Shinsengumi officer, and a homeless man with sunglasses. (F/N) was not a medical professional—she had no degree, or any formal training—but her clinic was cheap, and no one actually seemed to care. She was a good doctor, after all. Her only slip-up so far was accidentally attaching a man's head to his foot (it happens, okay?)

It was late evening, and she was considering closing the clinic for the night when a familiar face walked through the door, leaning on the shoulder of his penguin-like companion. His clothes were caked with mud and dirt, and there was blood dripping from a wound on his forehead, running down his face to form a puddle on the floor.

"Hey, Zura," (F/N) said, casually walking to his side with a clipboard tucked under her arm. "It's been a while since I've seen you around. What happened this time?"

"It's not Zura, it's Katsura."

"That's lovely, sweetie, but it doesn't answer my question."

"The Shinsengumi," he gasped as Elizabeth carried him to the examination room. "It was a harrowing battle. I barely made it out with my life."

As he spoke, (F/N)'s mind was filled with a series of images—Katsura running away from a bazooka-wielding Okita, Okita subsequently getting distracted by something in the distance, and Katsura walking away without a scratch, only to wind up tripping and falling down the stairs.

"Once again, your flashbacks don't match up with what you're saying."

(F/N) shrugged it off, and followed Katsura and his amanto companion into the examination room. She'd known Katsura for almost as long as she'd known Gintoki, and had long-since learned to take anything he said with a grain of salt.

Speaking of taking things with a grain of salt...

While she'd decided not to listen to anything Gintoki said, she couldn't help but be curious...did Katsura have feelings for her? If so, that could make things very interesting...