Sakata Gintoki x Reader: Of Samurai and Ghosts

It was four in the morning when (F/N) woke up. There it was again. That awful sensation. That awful sensation of being watched.

She felt a presence at the foot of her bed, and ever-so-slowly turned her head to look up. There it was—a black shadow with horns and glowing eyes.

(F/N) screamed. It was going to eat her—it was really going to eat her that time. She leapt out of bed and threw on the light, but by the time she was ready to face it, it was gone.

She fell to her knees. If she didn't do something soon, it was going to eat her—she was certain. She had to do something...

But what?

~o0o~

The next morning, (F/N) knocked on the door to the Yorozuya. Kagura cheerfully greeted her, and led her to the living room, where Shinpachi was vacuuming, and Gin was reading jump on the couch with his finger up his nose. When he saw (F/N) he immediately straightened his posture, and tossed the magazine onto the table.

"(F/N)-chan!" he exclaimed. "I—I had no idea you were coming! Shinpachi-kun, go make some tea!"

"Me?" he exclaimed. "But I already do all the housework around here!"

"What—what are you talking about? I do plenty of housework! Kagura, go make some tea!"

"But—"

"Don't embarrass me in front of (F/N)-chan!" he hissed under his breath. "Just go and make some tea!"

Kagura pouted. "Fine..."

With that, Gin sat on the couch with a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry about that!" he exclaimed. "I swear these two are usually more energetic, but—"

"Oh, you don't have to go through any trouble for me!" (F/N) insisted. "I'm not going to stay long, anyway. Actually, I have a job for you."

"A job?" Gin echoed, and she could have sworn she saw dollar signs in his eyes.

"Yes..." (F/N) took a deep breath. Gin took a sip of strawberry milk, and waited patiently for her to continue.

"There's a ghost in my apartment."

The strawberry milk went all over the table.

"A ghost?" He shook his head. "No, no, no, no. I must have misheard. You meant a goat, right?"

"No, a ghost—or maybe a demon. Anyway, it's this black shadow with glowing eyes and horns, and it only comes out when I sleep—"

"(F/N)-san," Shinpachi interrupted. "I think you should ask me or Kagura-chan to handle this job..."

(F/N) glanced at him, then at Gintoki, who was almost drowning in a puddle of his own sweat.

"Are you scared of ghosts or something?" she asked.

Shinpachi opened his mouth to answer, but before he could, Gintoki vehemently shook his head.

"Ghosts? Are you kidding me—hahaha! I'm not scared of ghosts! I love ghosts—aha—I eat ghosts for breakfast—aha—it's just...uh...don't you have a cat? Can't a cat protect you from a ghost..."

"I never thought you'd turn down a chance to get money, and no, I don't think Mr. Floofsy is going to be much protection against a ghost."

Gin scratched the back of his neck. "What...what do you want me to do then? Make a protective charm? Throw some salt around..."