Prologue

Alice's POV

~1808~
It was an outrageous storm coming from far away in the horizon. My ship was bouncing from right to left. The waves were getting stronger and stronger. I could hear my crew screaming at each other and running across the deck.

But was I worried about it?

I took my journal made from leather, embellished with different precious stones and started writing like every other nights.

"Dear P,
Today was quite calm except for tonight's storm. We are in the middle of the Atlantic ocean with my crew and my beloved ship, The Orion. My crew is very excited to find land and a possible town to pillage—they need money after all. But I am more into finding new people for company my journey.
I miss my father, my sisters and brothers but I miss you even more. I can't wait to see you again, not too soon, not too late.
Love, Alice."

As I finished writing, I closed the journal and locked it with the key I use as a necklace

The key is another beauty like the journal, it has a stone of aquamarine on each side and a stone of sapphire in the middle.

I got out of my room and slowly, walked towards the deck. Some of the crew members looked, perplexed, at me while others were minding their own business.

I went to the edge and sat down with my feet in the air. I took out a few pieces of paper out of my pocket and I started reading it.
I read one piece of paper every night before going to bed.
I used to cry every time but now the heavens are doing it for me; raindrops were dripping from my nose, my hair was completely wet, my clothes soaked but it didn't matter to me.
I turned my head and smiled at the air.

"I missed you. Are you alright?" I said.
I sensed a light wind blowing into my face.

"I am going to the Caribbean, your father was born there." I whispered.

I smiled again and got up. Now the half of my crew was looking at me, I could see the pity in their eyes, I heard a few of them whispering to one and other "She is crazy" or "Poor girl". They think I am insane.

They are partly right but they don't know my story. They just know my name.