Something Old XXXIV: Charles

Alice's POV

We went outside and walked to our carriage and soon enough realised that there wasn't enough places for me.

As we were trying to sort things out, I heard a familiar voice.

"In need of help?" said the voice.

I turned back and saw Philip standing next to another carriage, it was smaller so perfect for the two of us and my luggage.

"Pip!" I screamed and hugged him tightly.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited.

"My love." he said and kissed me.

"Your lips are dry." he added.

I looked down.

"What's up with you? Why are you so pale?" he asked me.

"I-" I couldn't even start.

"You look so much thinner than last time, Alice, are you okay?" he asked me in concern.

"I- Philip, I'm okay, please." I barely even said but Horace came next to us.

"There's nothing to worry about mate. I'm taking care of Alice like you will take care of my suitcase." he said and left his bag to us since there wasn't any place left in their carriage.

* * *

Philip didn't say much and the ride to our home went pretty quietly until he spoke.

"Alice, I don't know what's going on but I hope you're doing okay." he said.

I sighed.

"Look, I've been just very tired lately because of school but now I'm doing better plus Horace is there for me and he cares a lot about me so you don't need to worry. I'm sorry if I worried you, I'm all good." I said and smiled.

He sighed in relief and kissed my forehead.

"I've missed you." he said.

"I, even more." I said.

"Impossible." he argued.

"Nothing is impossible." I corrected him.

The ride was something like that until we've finally arrived.

* * *

I unpacked and ate dinner with my family.

The night, I had a date with Philip.

We met in our secret garden.

We walked in town for about an hour.

It was a soft spring night.

The streets were shining with the starlights.

We walked hand in hand until he walked me home.

He came inside with me and we went to my room.

"You know, not being able to see, touch or feel you for two months is like a prison for me." said Philip.

"And here he goes again with his poetic sentences." I joked and touched his nose.

He rolled his eyes and leaned on to kiss me.

I kissed back and the innocent kisses developed and well...you know what happens next.

* * *

The next morning, I woke up cuddling him. It was so warm and cosy. I didn't wanted to leave at all.

After a few minutes which seemed like hours, Philip woke up and we looked at each other without exchanging words. We read each other's feelings through our eyes.