Something Old XXXVII: Champagne

Philip's POV

It's September the 24th.

Alice came back a few days ago but I couldn't find a good enough job to apply. Father allowed me to work a bit with him as a lawyer but I don't really enjoy law.

I'm going to spend all my days with Alice now.

Alice is going to turn 19 next month and I can't wait to celebrate it with her.

It's unusual for me to think things like that but I even thought about proposing to her.

Once she'll graduate, I'll do it as soon as possible. I love her and nothing can take me away from her.

* * *

We spent a lot of nights especially at my house since Horace can apparently hear us...

But I'm fine with it, my bed is much larger and in anyways, as long as I can have Alice by my side, everything is perfect for me.

We went to the market together and prepared a whole dinner for both of our families.
It was awesome!

* * *
Alice's POV
~October 14th 1801~

"You're going to be 19 tomorrow I can't believe it." Edmund told me entering my room.

"Yeah. I still feel like I'm seven." I admitted laughing.

"Alice, I know in the past years our relationship was extremely tense and I'm so sorry about it. I never knew how much of a protective brother I could be. I'm sorry, I really am." he said.

"Eddie! It's fine, we are doing so much better now! You absolutely don't need to feel sorry. We needed these to improve our relationship and now I can't be happier." I said.

"I don't want you to grow up." he said tearing up.

"Aw little Edmund is not happy?" I teased him and hugged him very tight.

The next thing I remember is waking up the next day in his arms.

It's like the old days, when our mother passed away, I still dreamed of her and when I tried to find her I couldn't and I would get all confused and broken.

But then Edmund would come next to me and tuck me in. He would take me in his arms and we would sleep together.

He always took care of me, he did it when I was three, he's still doing it when I'm now nineteen.

"Happy nineteenth by the way." he said when he woke up.

"I am nineteen." I said.

"I am...nineteen." I repeated.

"You are nineteen." he mocked me.

I hugged him and got up.

"I have a...date with Pip tonight. Is it...okay for you?" I asked him.

"Why are you asking me that? You're nineteen now!" he said and smiled.

"I love and hate you." I said to him.

"I'm your best brother best friend forever, remember?" he teased me.

"Psshhtt." I mumbled and laughed.

* * *

After I celebrated my birthday with my family, I got prepared and left for the night.

Philip told me to meet him on the hill next to the park.

It was already 8pm when I got on the hill.

There were candles all around, a huge blanket was on the ground and a picnic basket was next to it.