Something Old XXV: Christmas Spirit

~December the 18th, 1799~

Philip's POV

I was finally back from college for a long Christmas break. The Williams' and my family decided to combine our Christmas and we were going to do it in my house.

Father and I got the tree out of the woods and placed it next to the fire place.

My younger siblings and Alice's younger siblings started decorating it.

Angelica put the final star on top of the tree like every previous years since I've known her and we all sat down for a hot cup of hot chocolate except that my father and I drank a dark coffee. Like father like son, I guess.

Alice was supposed to come tomorrow morning and I couldn't wait to see her.

I still haven't got her a Christmas present and for the first time, I didn't know what to get her.

Her family went back to their house and since it was getting late, I went to my room.

I was changing into my night clothes when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said.

It was Angelica.

"Hey." she said.

"Hey dolly, what's up?" I said.

"I just wanted to talk with you. It's going to sound so pathetic but I miss you. Since you went to college, I started feeling lonely." she said and sighed.

"Oh Ange." I sighed and hugged her.

"I promise I will try to come see you more often but I have a lot of work to do. And don't you think I miss seeing my baby sister and all the others? And mum, and dad? I miss you guys so much plus, I'm alone there, I have a few friends yes, but no family unlike you. You have everyone with you!" I said trying to make her feel better.

"I know that but Pippo, you are like my best friend in the family and I don't have the same relationship with Alex than I have with you." she said and sighed again.

"Maybe it's time to start bonding more with the others? I mean, of course, we are family but you guys don't want to tell each other everything. And you are the oldest one in the family now, so they will all come to you when they need help, you're like the dominant one, you're the boss." I said.

"Yeah, that's true but I really miss you." she said and hugged me.

"Me too. Why won't you come visit me? I mean, King's College is in New York." I said.

"I could. I need to ask our parents first but I think they'd be okay with it." she said.

"See? There is always a solution, maybe not the one you'd wanted but it's still something." I said and hugged her again.

"Yeah you're right, thank you Philip." she said and yawned.

"You should probably go sleep now, Ange. See you tomorrow!" I said.

She got up waved at me and left my room.

I really missed my bed, it was so big and comfortable unlike the dorm beds.