Something Old V: Admitting

Alice's POV

He turned his head and saw me. He got up from his chair. I tried to get out but he held my arm. We both looked at each other's eyes. We somehow connected and understood each other without opening our mouth.

We stayed in the same position for a couple of seconds and bursted down to tears and hugged each other. I always found comfort in his arms.
It was endless. I never felt so much pain and so much relief at the same time.

"Promise me to never do this again." he whispered still holding me.

"If you promise to never scream at me." I added.

"I promise with my whole life." he cried.

"I promise too." I said holding him tighter.

We looked at each other, I could hear him breathing. And at the exact same time, I felt something new.

I never realised his freckles were so charming.
I never realised his curly hair going everywhere and oh—his eyes, what could I say about his shining light brown hazel eyes?

Maybe Edmund was right about something...

We got even closer. He held my waist.

"Alice..." he whispered. "I realised something when we were apart." he continued.

"What?" I whispered quietly.

"From the moment I first met you to now...Something changed." he said quietly.

"What?" I repeated.

He held my hands.

"But I always thought you were beautiful..." he said and chuckled.

I blushed and smiled.

"Alice, I never told you about my father because I thought you would pity me and somehow dislike him. I love my father, he is great, the best...But lately, he is just very busy and he doesn't spend time with me or my siblings. My mother is very mad at him and well, you know, he doesn't help a lot after the Reynolds Pamphlet—" he started.

"It's okay, you don't need to—" I cut him.

"But he's doing the best as he can and I would never stop loving him." he cut me and continued. "The reason I wouldn't talk about him to you and all the other issues I was having...was because..." he said in hesitation.

"Alice Andromeda Prudence Williams, you mean the whole world to me, you've always been there for me and I could never do it without you." he started as tears fell from my eyes.

"While we were apart, I realised something I never did before. All the times I had, have, will have with you are the best. And as much as I tried to avoid that feeling, I came to conclude that we should not hide any feelings..." he said.

He held my hands and smiled.

"The way you consider my next sentence is going to change everything. It might be the best or worst thing for you..." he said then took a deep breath.

"Alice..." he whispered. "I've fallen for you...for a long time now." he finally finished.

I blushed so hard and tried not to scream or cry. I never felt happier.

Edmund was indeed right about us having something more than a friendship.

"Philip Hamilton, I must admit, I've fallen for your way of being since the beginning." I said.

We hugged again.

"This is the best reconciliation ever!" he shouted.

I laughed and rolled my eyes.