Something Old XXXVIII: Goodbye

Alice's POV

Philip suddenly came to my house and without even saying anything to me, he took me by my hand and dragged me to the park.

We entered our secret garden and we sat down.

The sun was about to set down and Philip seemed very stressed.

"Pip, is everything okay?" I asked him worried.

"Y-yeah. Everything is just fine." he said.

There was a silence.

"So there is this guy who completely insulted my father the other day and I kind of got into conflict with him." he started.

I frowned.

"Long story short...I have my first duel before the sun goes down." he admitted.

I looked at him dead in the eye.

"You what?" I screamed.

"Philip what the actual hell?! What did you think? What happened in your head? Are you insane?" I was at the verge of tears.

"No no no, Alice it's going to be okay! I promise. I will come back and no one will be hurt." he tried to comfort me.

I started to cry.

Philip's POV

She started to cry, is it the wrong moment? Do I even have a moment left? Will I regret it?

"Alice." I said.

She looked me in the eyes, I've never seen her sadder.

"Alice look, even though I promise you that I'll make it, I can't see the future and I don't actually know what's going to happen but I can't leave you alone like that. I promise you that I will come back but...but just...if-if I don't" I started.

"NO! DON'T YOU DARE!" she screamed.

"I can't loose you!" she added.

I tried not to cry.

"If I don't make it, I want you to keep and pursue my legacy." I said.

She looked at me in silence.

Alice's POV

My heart was beating so fast that I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Philip took out a small box out of his pocket and bended on his knee.

Philip's POV

I took out the box with the ring and bended on my knee.

Alice's POV

"Alice Prudence Williams, the girl I met at the age of fourteen, the girl who became my best friend, the girl who became the love of my life, the best from all women, the most intelligent one, the one and only of my heart, will you marry me?" he asked me.

He just proposed to me. He. Just. Proposed. To. Me.

The moment was the worst, I couldn't pronounce anything, my eyes were speaking instead.

I teared up again and nodded and hugged him.

"Philip Hamilton, I will." I said and kissed him.

He looked at me, we were both crying.

Then it suddenly hit me and I had a rage in me.

I slapped him.

"How horrible to ask me something like that, just before facing death!" I shouted.