Something New I: Peter

Alice's POV

It was probably 5:30AM, a drop of golden sun hit my face. I opened my eyes. I got up from my bed. I undid my braids, put my hat and took my sword before leaving my room.

"G'morning capt'n!" said a crew member.

"Good morning, Adams." I said.

I went the the stocking room and got myself an apple as breakfast then I went to the helm.

"Lieutenant Johnson, are we any close to reach a new land?" I asked.

"Aye capt'n, it is said that there is a land just-" he said but couldn't finish his sentence.

"LAND AHOY!" shouted Curly from the crow's nest.

"As I said, Captain, the land is just in front of us." finished Johnson.

I smirked.

* * *"Take your pistols and swords

* * *
"Take your pistols and swords. Do not start anything unless I say so. You can steal but don't bring attention!" I said confidently.

Everyone got down and they all invaded the village.
As soon as I stepped on the land, I felt something strange but I ignored it.
I walked in the empty streets. Only the bakery and pubs were open. It was still too early.
I kept on walking until someone shoved me.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" I said in anger.

"Sorry miss I-" he started.
He looked at me, as soon as I crossed his eyes, he had a shock.

"I beg your pardon, miss, my name is Peter Turner." he said then he took my hand for a light kiss.

"Alice Williams" I said.

He had deep blue eyes and curly bright hazelnut hair. His face was full of freckles. I hated freckles since everything happened— but it was good looking on him.

"Can I take you to the pub?" he politely asked.

Oh boy did he know me.
* * *
It was past 8AM, we were still talking in the pub. I've forgotten about my crew and my intentions.

"I completely forgot, why are you in this town? Do you live here?" he asked.

"I have business here. My crew and I will go back to our sails before sundown." I replied.

"What kind of business?" he asked.

"Meaningless." I said. "I am also searching for a new crew member." I said.

"Hmm. A new crew member you say?" he looked at me smirking. "I can do the job." he said.

I looked at him unimpressed.

"Really?" I said sarcastically. "What do you know about sailing" I said. "What do you know about piracy?" I asked.

"Piracy? I thought you were a sailor." he said confused.

"A sailor? Do you know any sailor dressed with half ripped trousers, an old blouse and a rusty leather jacket? I asked sarcastically.

"I've never seen a pirate who is as beautiful as you are..." he said.

I was mad. I never let boys flirt with me. I could never. But he looked so much like him...

"Are you planning to kill me or should I kill you before?" I asked without any emotions.

"Woah—I'm sorry! Please! Consider me! I really need a job." he said. Such a pity.

I mumbled and accepted.

We both went out of the pub, I took out my pistol and shot the air 3 times.
Peter looked at me in confusion.

"Have you ever seen a pirate invasion?" I asked him.

"No..." he said.

"It's your lucky day mate, follow me!" I said in a joyful tone.

We ran through the streets, now full, my crew was already pillaging and stealing. And I've found a new member so it meant that we accomplished our goals of the day.
* * *
~A Few Months Later, 1808~
Peter never had the courage to ask anyone about my weird before-going-to-bed-habit until tonight.

"Why does she do that every night?" he asked.
"She's mentally insane!" said someone.

"I heard her childhood was traumatising!" replied somebody else.

"Y'all are idiots! She comes from a rich family, she had a good childhood it's the aftermath!" shouted another pirate.

"For Blackbeard's sake, that Hamilton boy died before they got a chance to get married!" said the last one.

"Who is that Hamilton boy? Alexander Hamilton?" asked Peter.

"Not Alexander." I said. "Now everyone, go!" I shouted in disappointment.

Everyone was quiet and went away.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you..." said Peter.

I took his arm and walked to the quarterdeck.
The sky was deep blue and filled with stars. I put down my candle and sighed.

"You are a kind man, Peter." I said. "You're loyal, you're not a pirate." I continued.

"Oh no. This is it isn't it? You're going to kill me..." he said and sighed.

I looked at him and held his hand, something I thought I'd never do.

"I could simply not." I said.

"Then what is it?" He asked.

"I never liked being a pirate. Maybe just at the beginning." I admitted.

"What?" he was confused.

"I trust you, please don't break it." I said. "You asked why I'm like this..." I said.

"You don't have to tell me, Alice." he said, slightly in fear.

I ignored him.

"Let me tell you a story..." I started.