Something Old XXXVII: George Eacker

Philip's POV

Even though I didn't especially like working in the law with my dad, I was getting paid quite well and it's also how I could afford the beautiful pearl earrings and necklace set to Alice for her birthday.

Pearls suit her so well and she wears them a lot so I'm very happy.

But today, I got paid and I exactly knew what to do.

I know it's early but I can't wait for it.

Yes, oh yes, today, November the 12th 1801, I was going to finally get Alice an engagement ring.

I already planned everything.

It was going to be a warm and soft night of August, I was going to have dinner with her and then bring her to the port.

I will take my family's small boat and we will sail off to a small island near New York.

It's practical because I know how to use a boat.

And then we will walk and talk around the island but I will bring her to the coast and I will propose to her under the starlight.

She'll say yes and then I will lift her up and kiss her.

I can't wait for August 1802.

It's going to be awesome and nothing could stop me.

* * *

I went to the best jewellery shop in town and I decided to design Alice's ring myself.

I knew for sure that the ring itself would be in silver and there would be a huge light blue diamond in the middle and around the diamond, there would be small white oyster pearls.

Inside the ring, I would engrave 'Philip & Alice Hamilton-Williams' because I know that Alice wants to keep her name as well.

The shop owner told me that the ring would already be ready for the next week and that I could come pick it up on the 19th of November.

And that's what I exactly did.

Alice's POV

Philip has been very excited recently, I don't know if it's because he graduated or if he's just happy that now he can spend time with me.

But he is very cute when he is excited.

I love him so much, my love for him has no limits, it grows stronger every day and every seconds.

Sometimes, before going to bed, I reread the letters he sent me, I saved them all, all from the beginning, from when we were 14 to now.

His handwriting didn't change but his words got wiser.

Philip's POV

Today is the day. I'm finally going to see the ring I designed for Alice.

I opened the doors of the shop and I was immediately greeted by Mr Kovalevsky, the owner of the shop who presented me a small dark blue velvet box.

I took a deep breath and opened it.

As soon as I saw the diamond I gasped.

It was...perfect, it was exactly how I wanted it, it was perfect for Alice's small soft hands.

She is going to love it, I love it, I love her.

* * *
Alice's POV

Philip was incredibly over the moon today, I don't know what happened but he was such an angel and I feel like I've fallen in love with him again.