Something Old XII: Last Night

Alice's POV

"Wait!" I whispered quietly. I couldn't speak.

He stopped then walked in my direction and stopped again at one meter away from me.

"Hey." he said as his voice cracked.

"Hi." I whispered again.

We both sighed at the same time then opened our mouths only to sigh again.

"I'm a mess, I'm sorry, Alice." he said in a huge disappointment. He looked at the ground.

"No! Philip, this was all my fault. Can you forgive me?" I asked quietly. I was about to cry.

We both sighed again. We didn't know what to do. We were helpless. We just stand there trying to avoid our eyes.

I could feel that we were both relieved.

"You didn't do anything wrong. What can I forgive you for?" he asked in whisper.

"I got mad because you defended yourself. I left you. You asked me if I still loved you and I didn't answer." I said and got mad at myself.

"I should've not acted like that to your brother. I ruined everything between you and him and him and I." he said desperately.

I took a few steps closer to him.

"It's okay. He deserved it. And, don't worry. I will fix this in some ways..." I said quietly.

We both sighed for the billionth time.

"What now?" he asked in hesitation.

"I don't know. We messed up things a bit, didn't we?" I said and scoffed.

"Perhaps. But life is not a fairytale, it's a story we write by our own. We can do whatever we want with it. We can mess up then do something better." he said quietly.

"You're right." I contended to say.

He smiled at me and looked at my hair.

"I like your hairstyle." he said.

"Your sister made it." I smiled.

We looked at each other but this time in the eyes.

I saw that he started to tear up and I couldn't stop myself from doing the same.

"We've promised each other to never fight like that a few years ago." I said.

"Sometimes, it will be like that. But Alice, if I'm with you, I know that we can get through anything." he said and now we were so close that I could hear him breathing.

My heart was pounding so much that I felt like he could hear it.

"Can I?" he asked me like he was ready for a hug but I already wrapped my arms around him.

We sighed for the last time, in relief. We hugged for so long, it felt like an eternity.

"I'm sorry." he whispered.

"I'm sorry as well." I whispered back.

We both started to cry in each other's arms.

The next thing I remember before falling asleep was when Philip brought me back to my bed in Angelica's room and covered me with a blanket.
* * *
Angelica woke me up violently.

"Wake up! It's time to get ready for breakfast!" she said happily.

I opened my eyes and got up.

She dragged me to herself and undid my braid. My hair turned out quite great. There was loose beautiful curls.

"How can you look so beautiful even when you just woke up?" she scoffed.