Something Old IX: Coincidence

Philip's POV

"What now?" asked Angelica.

I couldn't speak anymore. I thought about how I met Daisy and how I low-key asked her out on a date without realising what I was doing.

"I-I met this girl today a-at the park. She was n-new in town so I offered her to s-stay with me and we talked a lot. I-I ended up inviting her to the park this S-Saturday." I said trembling.

"Goddamnit, Philip! Is this some sort of date or what?!" she screamed at me.

"No. NO! I might've been chiller than I usually was..." I said hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" she asked about to loose it.

"I might've drank before...I was conscious but too chill and I forgot to think before acting!" I said.

I got a slap from Angelica. She was not hiding her anger at all.

"You remind me of dad sometimes..." she said quietly.

I got mad at her because our father was the best father, he loved us and I knew by that, she meant the affair he had with Ms Reynolds but she couldn't disrespect him.

"How dare you to talk about dad like that?!" I screamed at her.

"I didn't mean it. God, IM SORRY!" she said as she rethought about her words.

I groaned and mumbled something under my breath.

"But you can't just ask out the first girl who pops in your sight!" she argued.

I sighed.

"I know. I wish I could just not exist at this point." I said and sat down on the bed.

"Don't ever say that again, I'm lucky to have you as a brother okay? You will learn by your mistakes but please, do something about that girl." she said quietly and left her room to have breakfast.

I returned to my room and continued the poem I wrote last night.
* * *
~Saturday, afternoon~
I dressed up and went to the door. Angelica looked at me and sighed then I left.

I walked to the park to find Daisy sitting on the grass. But this time she was wearing a dark green dress.

"Hey, Daisy." I greeted her.

"Oh! Hello Philip. How are you?" she asked and got up.

"Im very well, you?" I asked politely.

"Fantastic. The weather is really nice today." she said quietly.

"You're right!" I agreed.

"Do you want to go on a walk? I know a really good cafe not too far. We can stop for a cup of coffee of tea." I asked hesitantly.

"Of course, it'd be nice!" she squealed in excitement.

We walked to the cafe. We didn't talk that much but it wasn't awkward at all.

"What can I get you two?" asked the waitress.

"I'll get a cup of rose petal tea, please." Daisy said kindly.

I gasped when I heard that she ordered Alice's favourite tea. I started feeling bad.

"I would like a cup of latte, please

"I would like a cup of latte, please." I said.

A few minutes later, the waitress came with our drinks.

"Hey, Philip, I never asked you this. You don't have to answer if you want to." she said quietly.

"Go on!" I said.

"Are you dating someone? Because I am sure that a Hamilton like you can get all the girls." she giggled.

I put my coffee on the table and stared at her.

"Yes. I am." I said without any further explanations.

"Oh! Then I hope I'm not bothering you or her, staying with you right now!" she said in panic.

"No! Don't worry." I said and chuckled.

"I bet she is beautiful." she said.

"Indeed." I said and smiled thinking about Alice.

I took my pocket watch and opened it. I had a picture of Alice on the cover.

Daisy leaned over to look at the picture and dropped her cup of tea on the table.

"Are you okay?" I immediately asked.

Her eyes were wide open.

"Is that...is that Alice Williams?" she asked hesitantly.

"I don't remember telling you her name..." I said in confusion.

"She went to the same summer camp together a few years back in England. I thought she lived there." she said as confused as I was.

"Really? That is one of a coincidence. And she used to live in England. She is going to move here this summer. She is currently in America, she came to visit us with her family a few months ago." I said still in shock.

"That's really weird." Daisy mumbled.

We both laughed.

For the next hour, she kept on asking me about Alice. It was odd but she seemed really interested in her life now. It gave me a heartache every time I heard her name.