1. Before

⚠️ Warning ⚠️:

Foul language, Violence, minor gore (blood scenes), kidnap

Three hours before...

Joseph crept around the corner as he tries every possible way to avoid being detected by the enemies who were already looking for him. He reaches for his gun as he felt his paranoia taking over his mind. Instantly, he felt his wound on his left hip open. He held on to the wound in pain. "Fuck.." he grunts as he stops crouching and laid against the wall. He closes his eyes before opening them once more. He uses the wall to his advantage to stand back up on his feet and continue crouching toward the hallway before he hear a familiar cry.

Latoya?

He slowly turns around to see a young woman in a cell. She sat on the bed with her legs brought up against her chest as her head was lower.

No.. it can't be Latoya, she's back home safe but I should help her. I would want someone to do the same for any of my children if they were in her shoes.

Joseph walk toward the girl  slowly before he painfully bent down to pick up a pebble from the ground and toss it over to the woman's bed.

"Hey!" He manages to grunt out as he held on to his wound. The woman looks up quickly in fear.

Her jet black hair went to the side of her face leaving a few pieces in the front. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. Her descent was immediately noticeable as she held both a Japanese and White features. Her lips were pouty. She tried to hold a tough expression to scare Joseph off but softens her expression when she notices Joseph waiting impatiently for her, not budging as he waited for her to say something.

"What do you want from me?" She snaps  at Joseph. "I don't have any money on me so leave me alone!"  Joseph rolls his eyes.

"Why would I need your money when I have my own business.. Look, kid.. let me help you get out of there." Joseph grumbles before he felt the same piercing, sharp pain from his hip.

"And why would you think that I need your help also I'm not a fucking kid." She responds angrily.

"I don't have enough time for your bitching.. either you want my help or not?" Joseph cries out as the pain intensifies. "Because I'm bleeding here and I need to get back home to my family. My son needs me."

The woman raises her eyebrow. "Fine, I'll help you..."

____

The woman held Joseph up by her strength. She still struggle every once in awhile but she manages to hold him back in place. "How long have you been in there?" Joe whispers as they walk toward the back doors.

"I've been in there for two weeks now.." She quietly responds as they reach the back doors. "My parents owes them money and they have been struggling to pay them off.. my dad's bakery back home in Chicago hasn't been doing well. My parents and my grandmother doesn't even know that I'm even here.. they just kidnapped me from when I was with my friends and I ended walking home alone that night. I wish that I knew that they were watching me."

"A young woman, your age shouldn't be out so late at night. Did your parents even knew that you were gone?" Joseph asks her.

"No... they wouldn't allow me to go out because they were so paranoid. At the time, I didn't knew anything about the loan sharks until they held me up at gun point and their boss explained everything to me.." the woman explains.

"Al Capone ain't no damn boss... that man majority of his business to—." Joseph rants before he felt another sharp pain at his hip. The woman jumps into action immediately.

"Let me help... my mother used to be a nurse in the war and showed me several tricks while I was growing up. I wish I had a needle and string to sow you back together. The bleeding is extremely heavy... but the recovery should be—." Joseph immediately cuts her off as he places his hand on her lips as he heard footsteps and voices from behind them.

"Get the fuck out of here. Find my son, Michael. Tell him to protect the family and that heirloom. It's important to our family. Go now!" Joseph whispers quickly. "I'll hold them off just go!"

The woman nods her head in surprise before she ran down the remaining of the hallway and straight to the backdoor. She looks back ways down the alley as she manages to catch a breath. She notices a dumpster nearby and quickly ran to the left side of it to avoid being seen then crotches down.

The doors burst open and a thud hit the ground. "Please, don't!" She heard Joseph's pleading before another thud happens. She winces as if she could feel Joseph's pain.

All he was trying to do was get back home with his family.

The woman could feel tears strolling down her cheeks. "Get his body. He's still alive but I'm sure the boss would like to see him dead later on and next, we need to get that boy of his. What is the kid's name again?"

"Michael? Michael Jackson?" Another man responds.

"Yeah that sounds about right. I think that is his name. We need to kill that son of a bitch next and get that heirloom back now come on. It's raining out here and I hate getting my hair wet by rain water. The mousse in my hair burns my eyes." The main man. The doors open once more. She could hear the other man grumbling as he tried to lift up the body to carry him back inside.

"Michael Jackson? That is his son's name? Sounds somewhat familiar.. I need to find him." She says determined. The woman stands back up. "Hopefully, we can save his dad on time... he was really sweet." She adds before she walks down the alley and toward the Main Street.

The freedom rushed over her, she smiles wide but there was one problem... her smile drops.

how could she find this one boy when she was just one human being?

also...

just where is he?