Chapter: 9 X takes action

(May 16th, 21xx) [Ancient lab]

I am sliding down a wall in the excavation site where we found the spider-like maverick to meet up with Dr. Cain. I now jump to Dr. Cain's location and say "The maverick hunters arrived at the scene. I'm sorry... I couldn't save them... earlier today someone died because someone attacked me and now the dig team! I...I'm so so sorry." Dr. Cain comforts me by saying "It's not your fault, X, you are trying to do the best you can." The words comfort me enough to snap out of the trance of death. Dr. Cain tells me what he found. "X, I've found something to help us to destroy that maverick." Dr. Cain then activates the device that looks like a box but with a glass circle on top of it. Then the box gives us a message. "The machine has chemical weapons that have a large radius of two kilometers it's extremely dangerous and potentially fatal. This module will assist you in safely dismantle the machine. But if it reactivates be warned!" Dr. Cain then responds. "Dear lord... chemical weapons..." I then interrupt. " I will warn the hunters, you study that module." I immediately teleport.

[Desert town]
I immediately rush to zero screaming "ZERO, DON'T DESTROY IT, IT HAS CHEMICAL WEAPONS!" Zero responds "X? You're supposed to be with Dr. Cain!" I answer "Listen! Dr. Cain found a message about the maverick and it has chemical weapons!" Zero responds with "And if we blow it up we will endanger any humans within its blast radius." Out of nowhere vile responds "I've got it covered." Vile shot on the highway! Zero responds "HAVE YOU GONE MAVERICK!!!" I say "how many people did you just kill!" Vile response is "X, you warned us about the chemical weapons, I slowed it down, or do you want us to be in the city as it launches its chemical weapons at the humans!" Zero, in turn, says "You might have killed some..." Vile interrupts "Yeah, but the maverick will kill more than some! Let's finish this before it gets up!" Zero tells me "X, you join our support teams and help as many people as possible... Vile, sigma will hear about this!" Vile responds "Whatever." Zero says "Zero and vile company begin to search and rescue on the highway!" I now go search for survivors and others who need my help. I found a person trapped by their car "help! Help!" As they shriek. I respond "Stay calm, I'm here to help." As I turn the car right side up. I open the door to let them out they say "Thank you." Before fleeing. I now go to another area with an injured reploid without an arm. The reploid responds "Don't worry about me help the humans." I then go to another area. As I go there I think about what Vile did. Why Vile, there are other solutions to slow the maverick. (10 minutes later) I've rescued 24 people from danger. I think of all the people who died today. I imagine what their lives can be if they are still alive. Is this what it's like to be a maverick hunter? Is this what they do?