Chapter: 10 Sigma's stand

(May 16th 21xx) [Desert town]

I stand and watch Zero and Vile fight the maverick on top of the broken highway. I charge my buster to its fullest. I now jump down to where Zero is. I unleashed my charge shot at its head as I fall to where Zero is. The maverick has cracks all over its face, but it is still functional. Zero says "X?! I can't believe it! You came to join the party?" I respond "Every survivor is rescued and evacuated by now. Besides, it's partly my fault that this thing is active." Zero puts their two fingers on their ear as we fight. Zero talks to someone "Yes sir we didn't destroy it yet. You're joining us? That's great! Yes, sir, I will tell the others. By the way, X is fighting alongside us! Alright, Zero out! Hey X, sigma is joining us, and they said that they know the weak points to disable the maverick!" I respond with "Thank God!" Now we continue the fight.

Sigma arrives and says "I'll need you two to distract it while I focus on its weak points, X, I need you to watch and cover me!" All of us respond I shoot to cover sigma. Zero and vile grab its attention by shooting its face. Sigma swings their plasma sword at the legs and destroying it. One of its legs knocked Sigma away. Sigma's sword fell off their hand. I respond "Sigma NO! I'm sorry!" Fwoosh! Zero dashes toward Sigma's sword as I run towards Sigma. I see Zero fighting the maverick with the sword effectively. I pick sigma up as they watch Zero. Zero immediately rushes to Sigma. Zero says "This is yours." Sigma responds by taking the sword and saying "You show promise in swordsmanship. You should invest in that." As the maverick falls sigma grabs the sword And impales the maverick at its face. I ask "Is it over? what's going to happen? What about the chemical weapons? Are the people safe?" And Zero says "Whoa, slow down X no need to worry. We got this. You worry more than anyone I've met human or otherwise!" I reply "Sorry. Sorry. I just want everyone to be safe and alive. But no one's safe now! And it's all my fault!" Sigma taken aback says "X, is this how you feel? Hmm, I think this is not your fault but it's nice of you to feel that way. Because this means you are a kind and selfless soul."

(An hour later)
VWRRRRRRRRR! I see Dr. Cain. I say "Dr. Cain! What are you doing here!" Dr. Cain responds " X are you alright! Is the data useful... whoa! maverick or not I hate seeing things from the past being destroyed." I press my point "Dr. Cain you SHOULDN'T be here, the chemical weapons..." sigma interrupts "Will be neutralized and clean up will soon begin. Under my supervision, you've done extraordinary work today." Vile joins in "Yeah right, there no way that this nobody could even be B class! You did no damage, too slow, and..." Zero interrupts "You destroyed a highway filled with people! That is wrong, absolutely wrong! What were you thinking!" Vile responds "If I didn't do that we would be in the city fighting that thing! More squishy humans that need us every second would die! What I did was for the greater good!" Sigma responds "Yes, we are superior to humans in every facet. That means it's up to us to protect them!" I feel something wrong about sigma, heck I've been feeling ill when I get near sigma recently.