Chapter 19: Hesitation

(July 8th, 21xx) [above Abel city] 

I see storm eagle land in the middle of the now flying aircraft ready for battle. I raise my hand and say "We don't have to fight! You're Zero's friend right? I'm a friend of Zero as well! Why are you part of Sigmas plan to eradicate all life on earth! It's wrong! Please join us!" Storm eagle close their eyes and shook their head and said "I'm sorry X, but I can't accept that request. I've already turned maverick so I can't join you. Even if I joined you, they will know my actions and will terminate me. But I will die today By you. you are the future of all reploids and all life! You will destroy Sigma. but first I want to test your skills in combat. Don't hesitate X!"  "Wait! what do you mean by the future of..." Storm eagle then dive bombs. I barely dodge the attack with my speed gear and dash. Storm eagle did this multiple times from multiple angles and I got hit by at least most of them causing me to bleed. I charge my buster for an attack, I finished my charge and I have a clear shot... but I hesitate because I don't want to hurt a friend of Zero or someone who doesn't seem to want to work for Sigma. I see storm eagle fly down in front of me and say "I see you hesitate to shoot me. Well, I'll tell you my weakness, it is my back. If you shoot me with a charge shot you can easily destroy me with it. You have until the count of three to shoot me in the back or I will kill you. Don't hesitate. " I look at storm eagle, puzzled at what they just said  "3." Oh no, they're starting to count down. I raise my buster and aim, but, I can't. It's wrong to do this to them. "2." I know they are the enemy but storm eagle isn't a person who would do this, they seem so honorable. "1." I finally respond "I... I can't." I open my eyes to see that storm eagle is gone I look around and try to locate storm eagle before they attack. I finally see them and shoot a plethora of uncharged shots. About half of the bullets connect as storm eagle dive bombs towards me. I try to dodge the attack but storm eagle grabs me with their talons and brings me beyond the edge of the flying ship. I see the entire city from this distance but I also see a red blur flying at the airport. Then I hear "He who hesitates, is lost!" Storm eagle let's go of me and I plunge into my death. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Before I could fall further I feel someone grab me and before I know it I hear a familiar voice. "Came here in the nick of time! I knew you would go after the airship !" It is Clark! I... I can't believe he came for me! Clark brings me to the airship and drops me down.  "I see that storm eagle won't be stopped with peaceful approaches. We will have to fight and maybe that will convince him to stop this!"