Chapter 26: the consequence of Sigma's war

(July 13th, 21xx) [Abel city desert]

We walk from the devastation that is Abel city to tell the news of Sigma's destruction and the war's end. "How will we tell them?" I ask as Clark takes off the last of his costume and puts it into his bag. They answer "We have to tell them everything we know, let the investigators do their job, and hope for the best that they will have enough evidence to uncover the what, how, and why this happened." I wait for Clark to finish putting on his shirt before asking him something that has me concerned the most. Clark takes his time to finish and when he does I ask "What happened to Metropolis since you were there? I hope that the humans aren't holding the reploids at the throat... and... and I hope that they didn't discontinue reploid production and destroy all reploids!" Clark touches my shoulder and with a bright gleam in his eyes as he says "It's ok X. They haven't done that yet so they're fine. The people of Metropolis accepted all of those who fled from Sigma to safety. But the government is considering and having a board meeting about it." I think about what will happen if they approve of the discontinuation of the reploids. That would mean we have to hide and run all our lives and become mavericks. We continue to walk through the desert until the memory of Zero hits me hard and I crumble from the weight of grief. Clark helps me up and tells me that I'm not alone in this as many people lost loved ones and that Zero sacrificed themself to give me a chance to live but they need to stop the government from discontinuing the reploids. This gave me the incentive to put my grief on hold and continue on our way to metropolis city.

(July 13th, 21xx) [Metropolis]

We walk through the frantic streets teeming with unrest and confusion around us. We look at each other knowing what might go on. "We have to get to Dr. Cain and get your story told," Clark says with a determined voice. "Alright, lead the way!" I replied with confidence as we move forward towards Dr. Cain's location. We walked for a while taking multiple turns and the occasional changes in routes until we found a hotel that Dr. Cain is currently occupying. We walk inside to ask the receptionist about Dr. Cain's room number but she says "Dr. Cain is in an important meeting right now you'll have to come back later." as we leave she looks at me with hatred in her eyes which made me uneasy but I understand her hatred now after what Sigma's done.

We found out that Dr. Cain is in the capital of Metropolis talking to the governor and a few military personnel about what happened to Abel city and we decide to wait for him there until it's finished. In the meantime, I saw Peter Parker with his aunt and uncle walking towards us. The uncle waved at us and said "I'd thought we'd never see you again! So what happened out there? Who was the one who started this travesty? Why did half of the reploids... Ow!" the aunt grabbed her husband by the ear and says "I'm so sorry about how my husband treated you! We should've been more respectful and talk about other things." She let go of his ear and put on a kindly face. Clark looks at me confused and a little worried. I respond to both of them "It's ok ma'am. I'm not bothered by it. But I'll tell it when I can get it out to Dr. Cain and the authority since I have vital information that everyone needs to know." Peter then asked "Realy!? What type of vital information?" "I know who destroyed Able city. But I want to give this information to the press and to the proper authorities to issue an investigation on Abel city." they looked at me shocked and intrigue about what I know about the one responsible for this mess. Before I can ask about themselves the uncle nudges his family and they say their goodbyes to us before leaving. At first, I wonder why they left so soon until Clark gets up and tells me "The meeting is over we need to see Dr. Cain." I then follow him towards Doc Cain and when we do we told him everything we know.