Chapter 21: forest fight

(July 8th, 21xx) [hunter base]

We came back from our fight with storm eagle and we see that Zero is here and they are not happy. "Why did you disobey orders! I could've handled it by myself. I needed to handle it myself." I tell Zero "I thought I could handle it and it will help you search for Sigma better and I thought I could turn storm eagle to our side." Zero sighs and says "I know you wanted to help and I can't blame you for that..." Clark interrupts the conversation "Then why berate us." Zero answers "storm eagle was a close friend of mine, we had a deep respect of each other, and if anyone has to end them it will be me." Then a long silence covers us for what feels like an eternity. Then Zero speaks up "Its fine, you made the right call. Now that the moment is over. X, There is a big power plant malfunctioning, our tower of communications has been sabotaged, there is an underwater base with naval weapons aimed at the human populace at the pacific, the energy mines are overtaken, and the forest is overwhelmed by maverick machaniloids." I immediately respond. "I will choose to handle the Mavericks in the Forest since I created it to help the earth and that they might destroy my work... I also can copy the mavericks powers and use them as my own." Zero takes a second to process what I said before looking towards Clark and says. "I think spark mandrill is occupying it and draining the energy from the power plant. Clark, I want you to help me with this." We depart to go to our missions.

(July 9th, 21xx) [Abel city forest]

I teleported to the location and immediately had to dodge a squadron of mechaniloids and soldiers. I take cover on a high branch of a nearby tree and return fire. I jump from branch to branch dodging and counter firing until all of them are dead. I jump down after the first wave to have more space to run and so I can get to my objective faster. I went as fast as I can while keeping track of my speed gear. I try to avoid the conflict but if I ignore the mavericks they will hurt other reploids and humans and I cant let that happen! so I destroy wave after wave filled with regret. after the bloodshed, I continue speeding until I see a cave that has a platform that I can get over. I then I feel something on the platform so I investigate. When I get there I see a dead end. Then I hear a noise from above me and I realize that rocks are falling towards my location and I barely got out of the way before it crushes me. This is a trap and I fell for it! After the trap sets off a human-like mechaniloid jumps down it a battle stance. I try to get up as quickly as I can, but it grabs me with its claw that can extend by a chain. "ahhhhh. oof. ahhh. gack." It swings me like a ragdoll trying to kill me! I try to free my arm to transform it into a buster. but I cant connect due to it swinging me hard and fast. and the ones that do are deflected due to its armor. I go through special weapons to help me. I came to a conclusion and that is storm tornado. I fire at the head hoping to hurt it. when it connects the mechaniloid drops me and holds its head. I'm bleeding from the trauma I endured, but I have a chance to defeat it! It tries to grab me again but I won't let it get the chance! I dodge and weave while shooting storm tornado. It went down in a cinch. When that is over I felt rumbling in the ground. I immediately go back to my regular weapon to prepare for combat. What I get is a doctor Light capsule! I transform my buster back to my hand and run towards it. When I am directly in front of it Dr. Light appears and says "X, my son. you have been through so much throughout this war and suffered so much. here, let me heal you and I will give you defensive armor that will half the damage you take."