Chapter 18: Race to the aircraft

(July 8th, 21xx) [Hunter base]

I've recovered from the fight last night. I hear a ring from the communicator. I pick it up and listen to what Zero has to say. "X, I found where the Death Rogermor is. It is an aircraft that can carry supplies and contains weapons. It is piloted by storm eagle, my former comrade. I will engage with this personally. But it will take me a while for me to get to storm eagle since I'm investigating where Sigma is. I also came to contact with Dr. Cain. Dr. Cain told me about Clark's alien origins and that he's been helping you. I'm telling both of you to stay away from storm eagle. They're mine to handle. It will take me a while to get to them since I'm also trying to find where Sigma's main base" After that Zero sign off. It took me a good minute to decide that I will ignore Zero's wishes and confront storm eagle. The Death Rogumer is a supply ship. That means that Sigma and its forces will get stronger with each supply shipment, like, ride armors, weapons, and weaponized mechanolids! I must stop storm eagle and quickly before Sigma achieves it's goals of killing all humans... no. All life on earth!

[airport Abel city]

I'm at the location of storm eagle and the ship. I feel terrible for betraying Zero's trust but I need to do this! I need to destroy that ship before it can do more harm! I see a landscape of destroyed planes and other aircraft. I head towards the exact place where the ship is. I hope that I get to the ship before storm eagle. I can do a hit and run so that Zero May face off against storm eagle or I can talk to them to stop helping Sigma and join us. I hope that storm eagle joins us. I don't want to kill a comrade of Zero and I want less blood on my hands. It was a struggle to maneuver around the airport. I had to wall jump while dodging flamethrowers and suicide bombers. I also had to maneuver through small floating platforms and dodge gunfire. I feel something that is calling to me I search for it and find that it is behind a pillar of flammable oil canisters. I use flame mammoth's weapon to destroy the obstacles in front of me. I jump down and see a Dr.Light capsule! I head towards it. And listen to what Dr.Light says. "My dear X I have another upgrade for you. It is the helmet upgrade. This helmet is made of a thicker material to help you in close combat and it can scan the terrain around you. Use it well X." After the hologram disappeared I entered the capsule to get my upgrade.

I finally found the Death Rogumer and it seems like storm eagle isn't here. As I go on the ship the weapons system immediately shoots me! I use the speed gear to dodge the missiles and shoot back! I got inside and look for the engine. I see a giant glass case with a glowing ball inside. "This must be the engine!" As I prepare to shoot, I feel something on my shoulders. Before I could turn it picks me up and drags me outside, and on top of the now moving aircraft. I see the one who dragged me up here and it's storm eagle!